Monday, January 5, 2009

GOOD-BYE 2008!

It was a welcomed good-bye to 2008 for me, but I feel that I have learned a few lessons. I have learned that each year goes by quickly so I have to embrace every moment. I have to cherish the time that I spend with family, even if it gets ugly from time to time. I have learned that I have the ability to make friends even when I feel socially inadequate. I have learned that through great pain can come thankfulness. I have learned that God loves me more than I could ever imagine and I should seek Him more often. I have learned that I shouldn't judge as much as I do, because we are all crazy and have issues (ie sinners). I have learned that I am capable of forgiving even when I don't want to.

As I get older I surprising become somewhat more compassionate and sympathetic. I struggle with being quick to judge others and myself. I sometimes just don't understand people and their actions which leads me to be like, "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?". I used to be so quick to judge peoples parenting skills and here I am now facing those trials raising a 3 year old and 1 year old and the fun really hasn't begin yet. I find compassion in those of I judged in the past and get why they did and do the things they do. I use to be so judgmental about people not being considerate and well I still struggle with that one, but I know that I am not considerate all of the time.

So I realize that my life isn't perfect. I make stupid mistakes all the time. As every year passes I began to realize that life is hard and we all do the best we know how. Sometimes we want to give up and do what's easy, but the difference is coming face to face with the hand we have been dealt. We have the ability to make choices about what we do next and well the rest is up to God. God is full of love and grace and because of that God gave us freewill and that at times gets us in a world of hurt.

As for a New Year Resolution I will try my best to look to God for guidance in what He has planned. I lost a certain amount of perspective about who's in control between myself and the military lifestyle its been forgotten. I think it's going to be a challenging adventure to say the least. As for last years resolution I did my best to send birthday cards to my family members, but only sent out about 60%. Maybe I'll do better this year.

I love you all and hope that 2009 makes for a better year filled with joy, love, and peace.

No comments: