Friday, January 30, 2009

You know you're Mom when....

As each day goes by I realize how special it is to have been given this opportunity to be a Mommy. My life isn't perfect nor stress free, but it sure can be funny. So I was just thinking about all the funny and ironical things about being a Mom and well here's a few I came up with tonight. I am sure I will think of more and have to had to the list.


You know you're a Mom when....

1. You are searching for a Superman book with a lion flash light (roaring every two seconds) at
2:45am, so your 3 year old will go back to sleep.

2. Your 20 month old points out a small spill you made while wearing a chocolate frosting all over her face as if it were a facial.

3. You find yourself saying "shhhh, be quiet" when in reality you are making more noise then your kids.

4. Suddenly your car becomes not just transportation, but a dresser, pantry, toy chest, and lets not forget a bathroom/changing table. (a bathroom only because you have a traveling potty)

5. When your son goes running through the mall yelling "I pee in the trees Mom" because he thinks the bathroom is too far away.

6. What seemed dangerous before you had kids all the sudden is way to get out all their energy. As long as they don't brake anything or bleed then everything is great!

7. You can stop eating your food change the nasty rank diaper and go back to eating as if nothing
had happened.

8. You dress up and put on jewelery to meet your friend at McDonald's, because it's your big outing for the week.

9. Suddenly 8'O clock becomes a celebration of freedom to sit on the couch and watch TV without interruptions, but only to go to bed at 9pm because you already feel asleep on the couch three times before 8:30pm.

10. You realize every shirt you really like to wear as a stain somewhere on the front, just because you're a Mom.

6 comments:

Melissa Andreasen said...

I love each and every one of those! Being a mom is challenging but so rewarding! Here is another one for the list, it's on my mind because this is what I did today: you know your a mom when your husband is home and all you want to do is go grocery shopping ALONE! And you take and extra half hour going up and down the isles just so you can have a little more "me time". Then on the way home you fill up the gas that really doesn't need it, just for a few more minutes!

The Nix Gang said...

It's funny you wrote that because I did exactly the same thing today. hehe...

Crazy Love said...

LOL...i can relate to everything you wrote...LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh, Crystal! I can't wait to be a mommy! Thanks for such great insight and giving me so much fun to look forward to.
Miss you and love you! Amy

Jamie said...

They are all great! You know when you are a mommy when you take advantage of daddy being home just to take a long hot shower and use the bathroom ALL BY YOURSELF!!!

Anonymous said...

I love those!I can relate to all of them. Well, I have never searched for a comic book in the middle of the night. I guess I'm too mean for that. :-)