Saturday, December 27, 2008

Waikiki Anyone?

Jaron and I on Waikiki via the Hale Koa



After being on the island for a month we finally made it over to Waikiki. Its on the other side of the island through the tunnel where all things are magically sunny and beautiful. We live on the rainy side of the island and catch most of the rain that builds up on the mountains that cascade from the middle of the island up to a 1000 feet, there are no rolling hills, just straight up!

The reason I set the scene is here we are wanting to go snorkeling but where we wanted to go was shut down due to thunder storm warning (lighting and thunder not common here by the way), so we decided to head up to Waikiki because we could see it was sunny there.

After arriving and making a little hike across the concrete jungle we made it to the sand, water, and a beautiful view. The sand was pretty nice and soft, the water beautiful, and view one could die for. The only problem we ran into on this day of plan B was the water was really pretty cold, well way to cold for Ava. She would run into the water saying "cold, cold" shivering from head to toe and run out doing the same things. We had to coax her away from the water offering juice and popcorn. After burying Elijah in the sand and taking a few pictures just to remember my first time to Waikiki we headed back to the dark side (that's what my neighbors call it). As usual we drive through the tunnel only to see low clouds and more misty rain. :(

I am so not complaining, because we really had a wonderful family outing on a beautiful December day here in Hawaii.



I have been waiting to do this for 3 years now and finally he let me do it.

Elijah ham it up for the camera!

Need I say more?

I think Ava needs to lay off the juice...hehehe :)

No comments: