I said in an early post how awesome it is to be out and about during the winter months because nothing is really crowded. We were able to just kinda spread out and have a plenty of space for the kids to play. It was fun watching people lap swim in the calm area and then watch people surf out where the waves are. Also, they have these stand up boards that are real popular. It looks like a long board (surf board) but is usually a bite wider and heavier. The person stands on the board and balances and paddles with a long paddle. Grandpa got to try one of the local boards and found it to be a little hard. But I say good for him for trying, because I don't think I would have. The local man was a middle aged and talked about how it was so much easier to catch waves on one these boards then the old fashion way. We saw people practicing paddling around on these boards in the calm water.
I think it was perfect way to spend the last two days that Nana and Grandpa were here for. It was easy and relaxing. They got to enjoy the sun and the beauty of Hawaii before heading back Colorado where its pretty cold right now.

Ava loving the water. It was actually pretty warm, so was able to enjoy the water as opposed to being really cold.









No comments:
Post a Comment