After Nanna and Grandpa left I spent one final day touring the island with Edna. She is a ton of fun and I am happy that we got a chance to get to know her. She has visited Hawaii several times and had a great idea to drive up to the North Shore and see if we could find some sea turtles basking in the sun. We were very fortunate that one made an appearance. The turtles name was Woolie Bullie, he is 45 years old and is one of 28 turtles that frequent that particular beach. It was so awesome to see one in person in their own environment. In order to protect the turtles from the public there are volunteers during sunlight hours who stay on the beach to answer questions and rope of the areas where the turtles are sun bathing. It was such a great experience and the kids really thought it was pretty neat. The volunteer was so nice and even gave the kids stamps of a turtle and shark on their hands.



The crowd checking Woolie Bullie out.


Elijah wouldn't get in the picture with me and Ava. :(
We also made a stop by Matsumoto's grocery for their famous shaved ice. Elijah was in heaven and Ava totally took over my shaved ice. She was quite messy, but I was prepared with a change of clothes in the car. There were also some Japanese tourist taking a picture of her eating her shaved ice. I thought it was kinda funny, because I was that way about the Chinese children when visiting China.

Matumoto has been serving shaved ice since 1951.




Pure concentration and skill going on here.

After a short stop by a shrimp place for lunch we headed back home. The kids overall did great being dragged around the island. It was just so much fun playing tourist.
No comments:
Post a Comment