Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day 1 : Blog Challenge: Dictionary


After a week of sitting on my hands about starting a 30 day blog challenge I finally gave in, so here we go. As you can imagine having 4 children there is always tons of things going on around my house, so deciding on what to capture and what to blog will be a challenge. Today I found it interesting that my oldest (Elijah) had to look up each spelling word and write the definition. It would have been easy to break out the computer and have him look each up an online dictionary, but I couldn’t stand the thought of him not flipping through the pages finding the words. I was able to break out this bad boy and Yes, I still own a good old fashion dictionary. I remember as a kid being very interested in the dictionary and phone books which are basically obsolete in today’s world. I loved the pure size (and even the smell) of them and well I loved wrapping presents and thought it was the perfect size for wrapping and gifting to my parents (weren’t they so lucky, haha). I digress. I was excited to break out the dictionary and work with Elijah find the words and write the definitions










No comments: