Friday, April 30, 2010

Fishing

Fishing is one of many things that we did while Jaron was on leave. I really didn't know where to start with the the whole leave events, so this seemed as a good as a place as any. When Elijah was born my Dad (Papa) had a fishing pool that was his Dad's. So finally we got to use it. We headed to the pier on base, bought some bait, rented another pool for Ava to use and started the little adventure. The kids really didn't catch anything, but they had fun casting and reeling over and over again. I hope we have better luck next time.




Looking for a spot to set up camp.

Our little fishing girl waiting so patiently. Actually she was really awesome about waiting before reeling in the line. She would call out to the fish, "Here fishy fishy fishy".

The cutest brother and sister in the world.

Elijah casting! He was great about casting and reeling, but there was no patience. I have to say he was optimistic, because every time he cast and would say "I got a fish!".

His favorite part...reeling it in.

The bait....squid

The girls giving it a go.

She looks so expert reeling it in with those little hands.


Team work

Rowan as HAPPY as ever...He actually napped a good portion of the fishing trip.

No comments: