I am sure this isn't a surprise to any of you, but I thought I would still share the pictures from our skydiving trip last weekend. Our friends the Frokijer's wanted to go skydiving and well we thought it would be fun to do it together. After finally deciding on a weekend and then getting a baby sitter away we went. When we arrived to the skydiving place we saw people packing parachutes. I am not sure if you have ever seen this, buts a little nerve wrecking seeing some pack a chute. At first it seems very technical the way they lay it out and line up all the lines and then fold the chute and then.......they begin stuffing them into the packs and it doesn't look so technical anymore. After filling out the paperwork that repeatedly states in caps, "YOU MAY BE INJURED OR KILLED" on every single page top and bottom, the wait began. We waited for about 2 hours it was our turn. To be honest I wasn't to nervous and I did take some Dramamine because I didn't want to get motion sickness so then I was little sleepy just sitting around. The good thing about sitting around is seeing people go up and people land. It makes it seem a little less scary. Anywho. We met our dive masters (the guy you are connected to) and away we went in the airplane. The plan ride was were the nerves set in for me and for sure Jaron called it, "I am the top of the diving board type of person". The one that isn't nervous until its go time. The great thing is we were the only ones on the plane, so it was good time cutting up and making fun of each other. Now when the door opened for us to jump out (at approx 10,000-14,000ft), I became scared. Then all the sudden Michelle was standing and out the door and then I was standing and before I knew it I was out the door. In that half of a second standing at the door I began saying, "No,no, no, no, no....AHHHHHHH". After the initial shock of "oh my goodness I just jumped out of a plane", it was glorious. It was fun spinning, falling, laughing and then the chute comes out and its a nice slow ride down to the ground. Totally worth it and totally fun!! What place to do it then here in Hawaii where the views are breath taking.
Before heading out.

Silly goggles..look at Jaron trying to be all hard...when really he was scared...j/k

Michelle is thinking what are we doing...I am only laughing at this point walking out to the plane, because that is what I do when I am nervous.

Before boarding the plane.

Take off from the air field.

The views while flying up and it looks the same going down too. :)


At this point my legs were shaking because I was so nervous. I am sure I thinking WOW so beautiful from the airplane. Can't was just stay here...haha

"Let's do it"

There goes Michelle.

I was suppose to look to the left for a picture, but instead I has my chin down saying no, no, no...

One reason why I tucked my head was because I didn't want to hit on the plane door on the way out.

Free falling!!!


Free falling up close and personal.




He was pretending to swim.


This is when the chute got pulled. Its pretty abrupt to go from free falling to suddenly whipped up and then smooth sailing.

Jaron coming in for a landing. He was third or fourth out of the plane, but has a longer free fall therefore getting down faster.



Here I come. I have some more up close pictures of me coming in for a landing, but the harness did a number on the girls and the pictures look quite funny. Let's just say it looks like a boob job gone bad.

We made it and I am still ALIVE!!!!
2 comments:
This is SO awesome! I have been wanting to sky dive for the longest time! LOVE your pictures!!
It was so much fun! I am glad that we did it.
Post a Comment