Friday, April 2, 2010

Maunawili Falls


Before the hike when we were all clean and feeling great!

Its been fun having Jaron back home and doing family things together. He has now been home 3 weeks. I know I know unbelievable. As you can see we have kept very busy. Actually this past work week Jaron has been hard at work again, but next week marks the beginning of 3 weeks of leave. We are trying to come to agreements on how we spend our weekends, so Jaron let me pick last Saturday. In all of my motherly wisdom (NOT) I chose to go on a hike. It was a wonderful 4 hour hike. Yes, you read right. 4 HOURS!!!! We had a good time, but we were done by the time we made it to the falls and then had to turn around hike all the way back down. It was 3 miles round trip, but it was VERY VERY MUDDY as you can see from some of the pictures. The first mud pit we came to Elijah was like no way am I going in that. We finally convinced him and Ava that it was okay to get muddy because its fun. We had to take our time so we didn't slip. The views were great once we got to the top and it was great hiking through "muddy forrest" as the kids call it. The falls was pretty. We sat and watched crazy people jump from very high up into a hole about the size of a small pool. Every time someone jumped it made an unexplainable noise as they hit the water and they all had faces of pure pain. We just watched and enjoyed the rest for a few minutes before the hike back down. Elijah hiked the entire trail, Ava was carried 2/3 of the way down (by Daddy) and I totted Rowan the whole way up and down. He seemed pretty content in the ERGO carrier. I will have to saw the ERGO carrier is the best carrier I have used. I was not soar and uncomfortable during or even after the hike. Just throwing that out there. As for future hikes. I think Jaron and I was try to make them day dates for now. We have a few to do this next 3 weeks while on leave.

The Muddy steps
The first of many clean offs. Ava was only slightly muddy.




Elijah totally rocked the stairs. We had to keep telling him to wait up. How does a 4 year old have so much energy.

Daddy and Ava making it up the stairs slowly but surely.
The View at the top. To bad there was so many power lines. But that is Kanehoe Bay.


A very nice guy asked if we wanted a family picture. So here it is. This was just about 500 feet from the falls. We were so thankful to by almost there, only to find it we pretty much had to walk up stream through the rocks to get there. :)

The Falls!!!

Rowan checking out the falls!

I saw this when we were leaving the falls and just thought it was pretty.

Can we say muddy and we were actually pretty clean at this point because we had cleaned off in a stream.

NOTE: I tried to do something different format with the pictures and it turned out kinda funny. Sorry about that.

2 comments:

Crazy Love said...

So glad you love the ergo!! I am so glad Jaron is back and your family of five is doing great! Rowan is soo cute!

Jennifer Morris said...

The profile picture of Rowan is adorable. It is also confirmation that his is truly a Herring, WOW!