The joy of this past week has been the stomach flu. One by one we have dropped like flies and become ill. Ava kicked it off on Saturday evening at midnight. She threw up from midnight until 9:30 the next morning, which mean no sleep for me. Sunday we just laid around the house and tried to be somewhat conscious. Elijah was awesome and really tried to be a good boy for me. Ava was mad at me because I wouldn't let her eat until the afternoon.
Monday came and everything seemed to be going well. As I went to drop Elijah off at school Ava wanted me to carry her and she wanted her blankie. I thought this can't be a good sign. So we get back to the house and literally pull her out of the car and she throws up all over the carport and then procedds to into the house. So she lays in the bean bag all day sleeping.
Tuesday comes and no one is sick. The day goes like normal. School for Elijah, gym for me and Ava, and just normal stuff. Later that night I felt exhausted, but I'm pregnant and have lost a full night sleep. So I go to bed to wake up out of a dead sleep at 1am running to the bathroom to throw up. AWESOME! I am up literally all night sick. I called Labor and Delivery to know what dangerous signs to look for. They told me that I could come and get an IV for fluids and anti nausea medicine if I wanted to, because that is what they are there for to help. I ended up just staying home and thought if it stops by morning then I should be fine. Our baby boy did not like all this action. I guess the tightening of the uterus made him feel like he needed to move even more. So on top of being sick I had a baby moving like crazy in my belly.
Morning comes and the kids get up. So I get them breakfast and go back to bed. They are bouncing off the walls. Amy (my sister-in-law) has been staying here and she comes out see's that I am in bed and asks if I am okay. I tell her I had been up all night, so volunteers to go to work late so I can get a few hours of sleep. THANK goodness.
After suriving the day I was woken up at 6am Thursday mornign with Elijah being sick. He was only sick a few times through out the day and after that we were finally done and over with the week of grossness.
The weekend came and after a long week of being shut up in the house it was time to get out. So we ended up doing some shopping, which ended in me leaving Target at some point with two screaming children. Not a happy moment for us. But we recovered and were able to finish shopping. I was able to fix the Previa only to have it break down again. I was also, able to figure out how to scan the computer for viruses and clean it up a bit. But to top the week off Elijah decided to shop off of the toilet and hang on the towel rack that of course pulled right out of the wall. So when I think I am getting everything fixed something else breaks. It's not the end of the world, but just was a sign of a rough week.
Sunday we were able to make it down to the Hale Koa for some fun in the sun and pool. Elijah is really swimming great and Ava is just a little splasher still.
Onto a new week and and new day is what I have to remind myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment