Thursday, August 13, 2009

Quotes of the week...

Elijah Quotes



Elijah: "How is the baby gonna get out your belly? Is he gonna bust out?"

Me: "Well the doctor's gonna help me get the baby out."

Elijah: (not pleased with the explanation) "Is the baby gonna come out your mouth". Now looking more perplexed.

Me: (now all I can think is what do I say here, I can't say go ask your Mom) "Well the baby is going to come out of my bottom".

Elijah: "Your bottom!!!! Babies don't come out my bottom!", as he looks horrified and points to his own bottom.



Elijah's imagnation is getting better and better everyday. I just love to hear what he comes up with next. The other day he was looking for his little monkey and when he couldn't find it, he exclaimed, "It's a mystery!", as he held up his pointer finger in the air. "I must become a detective" and with that said, truned around making swooshing noise, finger in air becoming a detective. He annouced that he was a cowboy detective that he would find the monkey. He set off to find the monkey and though in reality he didn't find it, he pretended that he had. With that he turned around again with a swooshing sound effect and became Elijah once again.



One morning while getting ready for school and getting his shoes on Elijah sighed and said, "School is a long hard day".



I started attending church on Wednesday nights and when I told Elijah we were going to church, he asked, "What's church?". I told him you learn about God at church. He then asked, "Will Bob and Larry be there?". Atleast he is paying attention when he watches Veggie Tales.



Ava's Quotes



"Look Mom there's a motorcycle. Daddy rides a motorcycle, but he's to far away."



She now sings her own redetition of twinkle twinkle little star. She loves to role play with toys and if those aren't available she will just use her hands and feet. I hear say things like, "Help help, Mommy help, No that's mine, go to sleep" and just things of that nature. Its really funny because she does her voice differently for each character.



This isn't so much a quote but just a moment. The other morning I walked in to wake the kids up because they weren't waking up on their own. I found a starke naked Ava sleeping. My first thought was oh no she peed all over the bed. To my surprise her bed was bone try. After waking her up and asking her where her diaper was and she sleepy pointed to the hold between her bed and the wall and searched and couldn't find it. I decided that I would just look later. Later while looking for her diaper, I discovered that the reason her bed was dry because she had peed between her bed and the wall and not just that, but on her potty training book I have been reading her. How ironic?



I can't remember if I posted another about this, but one morning Ava wakes into the room, pulls back the sheet and begins to pat my belly saying, "Mom, you belly get a big, a big, a big...the baby get a big, a big, a big..." Both kids thinks its funny that my belly is getting so big. Ava likes to feel for the baby to move and pushes to try and wake him up.

No comments: