Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Egg Alarm


Everyone has something happen within the first week or so of deployment. A kid gets sick, a car breaks down, something just happens that has never happened before. For me it happened less then two hours after Jaron left, but technically still on island. We just recently in the last month or bought an island beater 1995 Toyota Previa (ie: The Egg). We love the van and it makes a great beach car and just to putt around the base and island. I mean I for real just drive circles most of the time within 3 miles of my house.

Okay, anyways. We get home at 2:30am after saying good-bye to Jaron and I put the kids to bed and literally fall asleep soon after. At 3:30am I get a call from my friend and neighbor who just said good bye to her husband to, "Crystal your van alarm is going off". Well I couldn't hear it because its on the street and my bedroom is at the back of the house. So go outside put the key in the door turn the key and the alarm turns off. So I lock the car back and walk back inside lay down and I am out again. Then 30 minutes later now 4am my friend calls again, "Crystal your van alarm is going off again", my response, "Will you come outside with me what if someone gets me?". I am not usuallly scared, but why is my silly alarm is going off for again. So we go out turn it off, then try and figure out how to disconnect the battery thinking well atleast the alarm won't go off again. When we couldn't get it off, we then just left the car unlocked since that arms the alarm.

So what is causing the car to go off I have no idea. I tested it during the day and after locking it for about hour and half it started going off. For now I just don't care I have bigger things to worry about then locking a car with no possesions in it.

No comments: