Sunday, August 29, 2010

THe Black Pearl or Queen Anne


There she is in all her glory. About a month ago I heard people talking about trying to hunt down the Black Pearl from the movie of Pirates of the Caribbean. They have been filming here in Hawaii and better yet right here in Kaneohe Bay. To be honest I thought it was crazy that people were driving all over the island to find this boat. Then Michelle calls me one day is like "hey, I hear the ship is parked in a Marina over Kaneohe (literally just a 10 minute drive), we should go check it out. " So I was like well I got nothing else to do, so lets go. We load up all the kids and go over the base Marina to see if we can see it from there. No luck. So we drive over to the Marina and sure enough there it was. We pulled off the side of the road first to see it and then we decided to turn around and see if we could find a spot and walk right up to it. I have to say it was pretty amazing to see all the detail in this ship. I have been told they use the ship as the Black Pearl and Queen Anne, but I don't know if that is a fact. The kids LOVED seeing the ship up close and personal. The only bummer is when we got there a truck pulled right in front of and ruined all photo ops. Oh well this is life. So when you watch the next Pirates of the Caribbean know that it was filmed right here in Kaneohe and Jaron flew over it several times.

Thanks for the adventure Michelle.

I wish I could make this panaramic post bigger.



Look at all that detail!

Ava the ham posing it up!

We're so cool. LOL

Rowan the baby that has been everywhere and see more then some people see in a lifetime.

So cute

Michelle on baby duty, actually double baby duty since she is pregnant and all . :)

No comments: