We really should be starting with the 4th of July, but I accidently loaded these pictures first. You ask why was Jaron on a boat for the month of July, let just say long story short it was for a international war games (As I call it) called Rimpac. It was a way for 18 countries to come together and show team work and power for the rest of the world, probably mostly North Korea. Anyways, Jaron was gone for 3 and half weeks on the Bonhomme-Richard. While on the boat Jaron declared the boat worst then Afghanistan, with exception of he was only it for three in half weeks. The communication was sparse while he was on the boat and that made things difficult here too. We only emailed back and forth a few times and maybe talked on the phone a few times as well. Now that I am proud owner of an iphone I tried to email pictures to him everyday, so he could see his crazy kids.

The deck of the Bonhomme-Richard.
The kids were excited to see where Daddy was going to working for the month.

We didn't plan to get a tour of the boat and boy was it fun going up and down these ladders with three kids. I had Rowan in a carrier.

In Jaron's sleeping quarters. There was 4 guys in one room, with some lockers, a sink, and a little walking space. It wasn't as bad I thought it was going to be. They had a key card (like you use with Hotels) to get in and out of their rooms.
4th of July
We haven't really celebrated the 4th of July in a few years it feels like, because had duty 2 years in a row and well it just seems to come and go quite quickly. This year we spent the morning at the pool and then evening with our neighbors the Long's. We had a great time BBQing and just hanging out. We even did sparklers and some little fireworks too. The kids had some much fun!!!! Because Jaron's squadron was gearing up for Rimpac he had to work both Friday and Monday, while the rest of the base had off. Oh well. The kids and I attended a local parade and well needless to say I think that will be the last one we attend. It was entertaining for me, because it was made up mostly of politicians, local businesses promoting themselves, and lets just say we even had a Ab Lincoln throwing a shaka sign at us.


Only in Hawaii will you see an Ab Lincoln throwing a Shaka sign at you. LOL
So here is the beginning of our July and boy is there more to follow. It just makes me tired thinking about it.




No comments:
Post a Comment