Jaron and I are now certified scuba divers!!!! After a week of training we can now rent or buy scuba equipment and explore the ocean. It was certainly a challenging week for us both learning and performing all the skills. The week ended with two days of open water dives at Electric Beach. The first day we arrived and I was super excited and nervous. So we get all geared up, make our way to the water, get in (which takes alot of work getting past the surf), and swim out a ways. What I didn't expect is getting sea sick. We had to stay on top of the water to wait for our class and as we are doing this we are going up and down, up and down, and low and behold I am sea sick. I thought oh I will be fine. We finally submerge and low and behold I am not okay. I panic! I start crying and freaking out because I'm feeling so awful and I'm scared that I am going to land on a sea urchin because I can't get my bouncy under control. There is also a surge under water that it making me rock back and forth, back and forth, making me feel even more sea sick. So I suck it up and overcome the panic in trudge on. I was able to do the rest of the dive and was happy to see all the fish, but the over whelming feeling of needing to throw up did me in.
We make it out of the water and rest and I decided going back in the water was not a good idea. So the instructors agree to meet us early on Sunday so we could finish the dive we missed. So after taking Dramamine I was able to finish all three dives in one day which was awesome. We saw a sea turtle, a monk seal, and some awesome fish. When I saw the seal it was just a mere shadow and I thought it might have been a shark, but was relieved when I found out it was a seal. I now understand why sharks are gray, because it is a great camouflage under the water.
We bought a 35mm underwater camera and of course haven't had those developed in put on CD So when I do I will try and post them if any are good. I hope that you are gearing up for the Christmas and spending with your wonderful loved ones.

No comments:
Post a Comment