Friday, December 26, 2008

Mele Kalikimaka Everyone

Translation: Merry Christmas Everyone....

We celebrated our first Christmas here in Hawaii. The kids made out like bandits.

Elijah's List:
a giant dinosaur (as he would say)
a pirate ship
spiderman shoes
robot shirt
roller skates
a front loader (a toy digger as he would say)
John Deer Gator (powerwheels)
Dinosaur floor puzzle

Ava's List:
Babydoll stroller and baby
Aqua Doddle
A girly dinosaur shirt
bunch of my little pony's
Bee Book with the Bee Movie
2 Puzzles
Leap Frog Refrigerator Alphabet Set

Elijah has been waking up at 6:30am every morning since we got here. But yesterday he woke up closer to 7am which was surprising because he knew that Santa was stopping by with presents. I woke up with an aching stomach, but thought it would pass. After the kids opened presents and I made cinnamon rolls then ran off to lay in bed, because I wasn't feeling so well. After laying in bed for a while I began having bad stomach cramps and nausea. Long story short I ended up with a bad case of food poisoning and was in bed almost all day.

We were expecting six people over for Christmas dinner and well without Jaron's help it wouldn't have happened. After laying in bed for a while I came out and directed Jaron on how to make the turkey and returned to bed. Later Amy and Adam showed up and were a tremendous amount of help. They finished up the cooking and everyone seemed to have had a great time.

The kids reviled in all the attention from our friends and family. They played all day with all their new toys. After practically waiting all day Elijah was finally able to ride his powerwheels. The battery had to charge 18 hours and well lets just say we didn't start it early enough. i didn't get to see Elijah ride it for the first time, but from my understanding he was pretty much running into everything. I later saw him driving it and lets just say Ava is to scared to ride with him, because is a pretty bad driver.

Though Christmas didn't go as I'd hope it still turned out to be great. Our guest seemed to have a great time and the kids had a great day.

Enjoy the pictures!






It twas the night before Christmas....


First present she opened...She loves her stroller.
The roller skates!

The much awaited digger that Elijah had been asking for, for about a month.

The pirate ship Auntie Amy and Uncle Adam bought. HE LOVES IT!!! He does little pirate voices and ARRRR!

Jaron said, he let Ava down after the Christmas dinner and the next he knew she was curled up on the floor sleeping. She was one tired baby!

LOOK at all my little ponies!

She liked it when it wasn't moving! Say "cheese"

The crazy scary 3 year old driver!
Ava crying to get out! I don't blame her.

AJ...still a kid at heart.

Battle of the Sexes!!! The girls stomped the boys!

AJ, Joanna (AJ sister), and Adam
Katie and Dan working in the kitchen. GOD bless them!



PS I got to talk to my family on video cam via skype and it was awesome. I was able to apart of the family Christmas Eve party. I got to talk to everyone and then watch the festivities. I was so thankful to be apart.

Love you GUYS!!!!

No comments: