I normally don't post anything but stories and events on here, but I have just been thinking about alot. I have thought about there being such a since of pride in being a part of the military. I know that I did not sign the contract and vow to give my life for my country as Jaron did, but lets face it as a spouse we are just as important as the service member. I have had such great pride in knowing that Jaron has in a since sacrificed his freedom to serve our great nation. I have not always felt this way about the decision of him joining the Marine Corp. On the day of his commissioning, I sobbed like a baby. It was not because I was filled with pride, but to know that he had vowed to serve his country took our freedom as a family away. But we are now almost 3 years into this adventure and I feel much differently. I feel as though freedom is much more of state of mind or an outlook on life.
Now that Jaron has agreed to die for his country it makes me angry that people have so much negative to say about the United States, but rarely find the good. Our country has its fair share of problems and most of you know what they are without being reminded. Our country is filled with so much opportunity. Our country is filled with people who care about their fellow Americans and non-Americans around the world. Our country gives us the freedom to worship God or any other god we wish. I truly believe that if we really have a dream that it can be achieved here. It may take hard work, sacrifice, and a great amount of determination, but I believe that is what being American is about.
Being an American makes me think about a relationship with Jesus. Following Jesus is not the easiest road to take. He never promised that our lives would be without struggles, challenges, or prosecution. But he promised that we could live a life of purpose and filled with joy. Our country is alot like us. It makes mistakes, but it can always redeem itself. So keep confidence and pride in being American. I know that what I am saying is by no means profound, but we must remind ourselves of simple truths. We must stand proud. We must be proud of whatever we do in this life. We are ALL needed to make this a great nation. So stay home moms, you take pride in raising your children to be become honorable, loving, and devoted men and women. To all my friends in family, you are all needed to make this country great. You all enrich our lives and we indeed grateful for you being in our lives.
I know that I have fallen short on each of these points. I have been the hater, shamed, and faithless, but I am redeemed. We can change things little by little and day by day. So lets take GREAT PRIDE!!! I'm trying it out for a change. How about you? No more complaining, but changing.
1 comment:
Beautifully said! It is not easy being a military spouse. And at first I hated the thought of it, I even protested to my husband at times. But now when someone asks what my husband does, I can't help but smile and proudly say that he is in military pilot training. Yes, people make the choice to be in the military, but if they didn't, there would be no more United States of America!
Post a Comment