Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The last week or so....

Well it's amazing how one can be up to a bunch of nothing, but still have something to talk about. I guess this is the life of having kids. After recovering from strep throat I started back the gym. I have been going about a month now and its going pretty well. The kids keep me busy everyday.

Elijah sentences are coming together much better, but still not where he should be. We have started the process of have another evaluation for speech and any other possible delays. If he qualifies he will attend the preschool here on base in the fall 4 days a week and receive speech therapy while he is there. He has to have either 20% delay in two areas or 25% delay in one. I think that he will meet the standards just with speech alone. Elijah will be 3 on the 20th and he is still in diapers. We have been trying to encourage him to go potty in the potty and well its somewhat sucessful and somewhat not. Elijah likes to be in control and so I am trying not to make it a powerful struggle and help him see how awesome it would be to go like a big boy. So ordered a small saddle type potty that I could carry around the house with me. It came in the mail and he was so excited to get something in the mail. So I opened it started reading the book. He instantly wanted to take him diaper off and sit on the potty. He sat down and went poop!!! So YEA YEA YEA!! ELIJAH POOPED IN THE POTTY!! Was sang and a dance and huge celebration. He knows how to use it, but just isn't interested. So anywho long story short. He doesn't want to where underwear, but a diaper. He will sit on the potty and go sometimes. So please keep my you thoughts. If you have any suggestions email me or leave a comment. I really need him to be interested in order for it to work. So enough about potty stuff.

Elijah new favorite shows on TV are Dora and Go, Diego GO. We have this channel that doesn't play commercial, but instead has learning things between programs. He has learned a couple things from this 3-5 minutes little shows. He picked up a hatched bird egg and said "bird come out". He has seen on the program birds hatching from eggs. I was pretty amazed because I didn't tell him what it was when he picked it up. He also, learned in order to plant a seed you make a show and then cover it. He likes to do that at the beach. He is now counting a few numbers past 10 when he wants. It's amazing to see him finally picking up these concepts. He has so many amazing qualities. He really is a cheerful loving child. He has been telling me lately that he loves me, which makes my heart melt. It's just amazing to try and see the world through his eyes.

Just a little push. He really was gentle I promise!!!

Now Ava is changing like crazy. She is still working on walking. She can pull up something and then walk to me. She stood up unassisted yesterday and didn't even realize it. She is eating with a fork or spoon really well for an almost 14 month old. Its so funny because she has already began to recognize if Elijah gets something and she doesn't. She will cry and reach until she gets what he has or I give an alternative. It's just so funny how fast the second picks up "I want that!!!" behavior. She got her first skinned near from the side walk. :( She wear her first bathing suit today! :) Way to cute!!!


Here I come!!!!

Ava Sliding with syle

As for me I was able to participate in Jayne Wayne day. Its a day where the spouses are able to go the simulated rifle range, helicopter simulator, MCMAP (Marine Corp Martial Arts Program), and tour the squadron. The simulated rifle range was fun. They have big screens that you shot at in different scenarios. They use this to train infantry men. Its pretty amazing. They have videos of real people (actors) recreating scenes they will encounter in the middle east. It's to help them differentiate between friendlies and enemies. I did pretty good. One round I 10 hit our of 13 rounds. We also, got to fire a grenade launcher which was cool. I actually got to shot a real one when we lived in VA at Warrior Day. After lunch we then learned some self defense moves from the MCMAP trainer Marines. One I think got a little frustrated with me because I kept laughing and he was SUPER SERIOUS. So I tried to be more serious, because I didn't want him to feel disrespected. After that I got the fly 53-E helicopter sim (this the helicopter Jaron will be flying). It was really fun. The cockpit is exactly like the real thing. It's pretty amazing that two people can manage to look at all those instruments and control such a large aircraft. Then I was able to tour Jaron's squadron and a 53-E. For anywho doesn't know anything about helicopters. The 53-E is HUGE!!!!! Is the cargo and troop carrier of the Marine Corp. It can carry Humvee under it and other cargo, plus cargo in its haul. Its a 26 million dollar aircraft, but truly is priceless. Because the upkeep is insanely tedious and expensive.


Grenade Launcher

Simulator...What am I looking and doing again?


The weather here has been pretty nice. We went to the park a couple times this past week and had a lot of fun. Ava loves to the slides and she slides feet first on her belly. Elijah is stepping up and being such an awesome big brother. They get along so well. The only time he really gets frustrated is when she cries and is talking really loudly in the car. They are learning how to play with one another. Elijah is starting to give her directions and well be little mama to her. He tells her to stop doing something if she is doing something she shouldn't do. Its pretty funny. Of course Ava adores her big brother. She has started collecting things like brother like picking flowers, rocks, shells and whatever else she finds.

Well sorry the post is so long. I just kinda type what I think of.

No comments: