Tuesday, April 15, 2008

FUN FUN and More FUN


So the kids and I have been keeping pretty busy. Last week the kids got a cold right after I joined a gym with childcare. But we keep busy around here for a couple of days playing outside in or wonderful yard. We went to the beach on Sunday for a while and the kids loved it. It was just to cold to stay for very long. I also, recently bought a new double jogging stroller. I am so excited, because I can go for walks or runs now with the both the kids.

We have started venturing out and trying to find things to do during the day. On one of our adventures we found a park out in town that we love. Elijah can play at the park for two hours and still have more energy to burn. Its crazy!! He went on the big boy swing today for the first time. HE LOVED IT!!! He played at the park today with the kids so well. He found one little girl that he liked chasing. When she would fall down he would ask, "you okay" and then would help her up. It was so cute. When we went to leave he gave her a hug without be prompting. This is a huge deal for him. He usually does not hug other children and does not want to be hugged. So it is amazing to see him interacting with children and being sweet too. Oh yea, he can count to 10 now!!! I discovered that this week when I was counting something and he continued counting, "4,5,6...". So he has been listening all this time and is now starting to show me what he knows.

Ava has been so so so so funny. She loves her rocking chair!! She likes getting into the cabinets in the kitchen. I have one with plastic stuff like sports bottles and such. She got one of the sports bottles out and was like "juice" and tilted it up. Then later she brought me some shoes and said "shoes" and stuck her foot out. She brings me clothes all the time to put on. She is such a GIRL!! So she can now say "bye, ma, da, yaya (Elijah), fish, dog, shoes, juice, nana, and I am sure there are more. She is learning like crazy right now! She is also mastering being a pesky little sister. At the store this weekend while they were sitting in the grocery cart she kept putting her feet on him. He was mean the first time and I showed him how to be nicer about it. So she did it again and he looked at me like "Mom I am trying to be good and she won't leave me alone". So I got onto her, looked away and she put her foot on him again and started laughing. :)

So as I mentioned above I joined a gym. I made it to my first BODY PUMP class Monday. It is basically doing free weights for an hour working the whole body. Not even thirty minutes after class I began to feel great pain. It is now Tuesday night and I am still in pain. So I am hoping that it won't hurt this bad tomorrow.


This is a rocking chair from my childhood. She climbs in it everyday and rocks like crazy.
Training for the future!

Our visit to beach this weekend.

My new stroller!!

Elijah on the BIG boy swing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh,it only seems like yesterday when you left too NC and you're right; those kids are growing like weeds. That's sweet about Elijah hugging that little girl! Maybe you should find her mother and father next time you go to the park and maybe schedule a 'play-date.'
It's nice to see that they (both) are talking more. That's gotta be exciting for you!