Tuesday, June 1, 2010

SUMMER TIME!!!

Schools out for summer!!!! It's funny how your view on summer changes over the years. When you were a kid it was great. It meant not having to get up early, getting to watch TV, beach, swimming, and sleep overs. Then college comes and if your lucky you only take a class or two during the summer, maybe do some summer travel, and just enjoy not having to study to much. Then you join the work force and summer means nothing. Finally, if you decided to be a stay at home mother it takes on a whole new meaning. All I could think as the days counted down for Elijah to be out of school was what am I going to do to keep them productively busy. Plus, keep my sanity. My plan is to continue working out, but having fun activities for the kids to make this summer fly by.

First, I decided swim lessons were a must for Elijah. He is on the verge of becoming a good swimmer but needs a bit more instruction. I could totally teach him to swim, but I don't think I have the patience for it. I know he will question me more then he would another adult. It's so sad when you think about it. Then I decided that gymnastics for both Ava and Elijah would be fun. Plus, I am now the new coordinator for the gym co-op. Plus, we are moving next week into new housing. The month of June is going to be CRAZY.

As for the month of July is going to be even crazier for me. Jaron will be out on a boat doing some training for practically the entire month. Our friends Jim and Lindy and their little girl Norah going to be visiting. YAY for visitors!!!



Kick Board time!
Elijad was a bit timid at first when getting into the water ,but soon warmed up to being apart of the class. The wierd thing is here in Hawaii they never have lighting, so outdoor things are never canceled rain or shine. I have a hard time getting use to that mentality being from Florida. At first when we moved here I saw people walking in the rain and I just wanted to yell out my window, "Get in the house, you are going to get struck by lighting!!!".

Ava doing great at her first day of gymnastics!
The teacher was very impressed with her maturity and ability, because she is in a class for 31/2-41/2 year olds.

Shayna doesn't this look like a face Alyssa would make?
Ava in her leotard for gymnastics and dance skirt. She was so excited about going today. She told me in the car, " I am going to be brave Mom.".


Here's to having a fun filled productive summer!!!!

2 comments:

Lindy said...

Yay for a fun summer!

Barbara said...

Looks like you are doing a great job with summer plans. :) You guys are moving? Bigger place for a bigger family? Hope it goes well!