Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The month of June

June has been a very busy month for us. We moved into our new house, Rowan is 8 months, video games, swim lessons, gymnastics, conversations about God, a little sickness, beach, pool, dog sitting and 6-7 day work weeks for Jaron. If I am being honest I dreaded having Elijah home for the summer, because having him and Ava together all the time automatically means increased whining and crying in the household. Though there times where they are driving me crazy its been nice spending more time with him.

Elijah has with age become sweeter and more considerate. He is now in the stage of wanting to give us gifts, which usually consist of his toys and books, but the thought is there. He has learned to swim on his own this month. It's a scary sight at times because it looks as if he is drowning, but eventually puts his head back down in the water and swims. He finally is using his manners without being reminded all the time. The biggest thing this month he is asking what words mean if he doesn't know it or he is even breaking down words and using his life experience to try and breakdown the words. Example the word kindergarten, he thinks that he is going to grow a garden in kindergarten. I thought this was pretty smart, but I explained it wasn't the garden that was going to grow, it was going to be him that will be learning and growing. He gives compliments all the time. He tells me I am beautiful quite often and sometimes mentions he thinks something is cute. While dog sitting he told me that he thought Michelle's house was "pretty" and that Ruger (her dog) was his "best friend". He then asked if we could get a dog and here is the conversation that followed:

ME: Elijah dogs are a lot of work.
Elijah: What do you have to do?
Me: The need to be fed, taken to the Vet, bathed, and you have to clean up their poop. (after hearing clean up their poop, he reconsidered)
Elijah: Well can't we just borrow one.

Another big topic this month has been about God and wouldn't you know it that Jaron isn't with me when these conversations take place. The kids love listening to Veggie Tales in the car and this has sparked a lot of conversation about God. He wants to know how God made us, where is God, what does he look like, when will meet him, why is there a God, does he help people and many more questions. I tried my best to answer these questions, but its hard to explain. The one part of the conversation that was the hardest was when will we meet God and see what he looks like and of course this involves death. So I told him that one day when he is old that he will die and then he will go to heaven and meet God and see what he looks like. This immediately made upset, he said, " I don't want to die. I am scared". Okay people I driving down the road having this conversation and I have no idea what to say. It's a hard topic if anyone has some suggestion please let me know.

Ava this month has made huge leaps and bonds. She is now getting in the water at the pool and beach. We have been here a year and half and she cried every time we tried to get her in the pool and flat out screamed at the beach. A couple of weeks ago we were at the pool and she was letting us carry her around the pool. After watching Elijah jump in the water and swim to edge. I asked if she wanted to hold my hands and jump in and she did. Then I let go her hands and she went under water and came back up saying, "That wasn't so bad". So from there on she has been happy as a clam in the water. She wears a swim jacket must of the time and just paddles and kicks around the pool.

Ava is a talking fool and pretty much never stops talking or singing all day. I think she believes she lives in a musical because she sings about everything.
When we were talking about God Ava's only input is that she "missed God". It's so cute and innocent and so hard to explain that he is with always.

Ava's first friend moved away this month too. Our old neighbor Emily moved and Ava has been talking about missing Emily pretty much everyday. I think that is one of the hardest parts about the military is the constant change of people in your life. I know as an adult it has been hard for me, so I can only imagine what it is going to be like for the kids as they get older.


Rowan turned 8 months on the 20th and boy is he starting to change daily. I think at this point its like they turn from just drooling, toy eating beings to more social, logical, and smart little beings. He still pulling up everything he can get his hands on and I believe we had more to cruise on he would cruising from thing to think. Rowan gets his own update and post so I will just leave it at that.

As for Jaron and I we are doing pretty good. Jaron towards the end of the month entered into 6-7 day work weeks and will in a week or so leave on the boat for the month of July. The a good note Jaron dodged leaving for Afghanistan at the end of August. About a week ago another squadron needed another pilot to deploy and it was between Jaron two other guys and thankfully he isn't being sent. As for me I am just staying super busy with the kids and trying to work of these 8 lbs I gained since Jaron got home. The boy loves to eat out alot and my body doesn't like it. I finally found someone to help teach me about my camera and photography, so I hope to become a lot better. I love taking pictures and would love for it to turn into a fun hobby for me.



Elijah learning how to bat. He is getting better.

Our trip to the zoo. I just love these trees!!!


Our picnic at the zoo. I didn't realize at the time, but Rowan was feeling very well. When we got home he had a temperature and lasted for two days. Then suddenly it was gone and he was fine.

Enjoying Kailua beach in the water...YAY for AVA!!!!!

My new camera with panaramic option. When we first moved here a friend dropped my cannon elf (small handheld) and it was never used again. We loved that camera!!! It served us for three and half years and took some awesome pictures. We got a replacement from our friend and it was fine, but just didn't take very clear photos. So Jaron got me this new Sony camera that I LOVE!!!!!

Ava jumping in the pool.

Ava swimming in the pool.

Me and Rowan enjoying the nice weather and pool

Rowan is exactly 8 months in this photo. HE LOVES THE POOL!!!!! He truly is the best baby ever!
Father's Day Photo. Jaron wanted to go down to the pool and swim and then go to BW3's for lunch. The kids had a great time and were awesome at lunch.

The picture Elijah drew for Jaron at lunch. The flower was inspired by the buffalo at the top left and the other is a giraffe. Jaron colored the flower in with Elijah. Elijah then put toys beside Jaron side of the bed for Father's day.

1 comment:

Melissa Andreasen said...

Hey! I was reading through your blog and thought I would pass this web site along to you.
www.mormon.org
You might be suprised to find many answers to Elijah's questions as well as your own.
And if you have any questions for me, feel free to email me.
melissa_andreasen@yahoo.com

I hope this helps!