Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"I peel the paint"

Okay, so Ava talks all the time in nice full sentences and it's awesome. I just forget what she says sometimes. So here's a few little stories.

We live in VERY OLD OLD HOUSING with about billion layers of paint, so when we painted lets just say it doesn't stick very well. Ava has decided that peeling this paint has become a favorite past time of hers. After peeling a big area of paint she got into big trouble. So Elijah comes home from school and I hear her saying to him, "I peel the paint" in tone let's just say filled with attitude and look at me. So I come around the corner discover she is about to rip off a huge chunk paint and i tell her no, which of course ends in a falling down crying fit.

Daddy has been gone now for two weeks and is due home tomorrow. I began telling the kids that Daddy would be home in just a few days. Yesterday, Ava was drawing on a piece of paper, which of course consists of scribbles. So she would scribble, then say "that Daddy on an airplane". Then she would scribble, "That Daddy fly a helicopter". Ava is very proud that her Daddy flies helicopters and pretty much tells anyone who listens or can understand. She'll say, "Daddy fly a helicopter" with a "swooshing" sound effect as she spins her finger around in the high signifying the rotor.

The other night we were walking from my friends house and it was dark outside. Ava in a very hushed voice, "montsa (monster) gonna get me. shhh. quiet mommy".

No comments: