Sunday, March 29, 2009

I catch a crab, I catch a fish....



We finally hit the beach at the end of street at low tide today, which means some awesome access to tide pools. So after suiting up in water shoes, nets in hand, and buckets we headed down the street. Elijah proclaimed, I catch a crab and I catch a fish and we did just that. We saw probably over a hundred hermit crabs which were kinda awesome because all of their shells were so different. We saw only some small little fish, sea urchin, and a sea cucumber.

Needless to say the kids had a great time in our little adventures. We are trying to make sure that we teach our kids to be little explorers, but respect nature all at the same time. Later we to another beach and had a great time.


Watch out its a bit slippery

I got a crab!

I catch a fish!

Oh No, Ava caught herself!

2 years old with 2 nets...she's in heaven

one of the little tide pools up close and personal.
She the little fishy

No comments: