Ava is now 2 and it still somehow shocks me. I tell people all the time I wake up some mornings and think when did I become a mother. I have been a mother for almost 4 years now and you would think that this would be old news. But nope as each year passes and continues to shock me.
Okay with that said, Ava's birthday turned out just right. Grandpa and Nanna Nix sent a package in the mail and so did Grandma and Papa Ripley. So she had lots of gifts to open. Our friend made her a beach themed cake which I think turned out awesome! We decided just to do a family party. So we had pizza and cake for Dinner. Auntie Amy (Jaron's youngest sister) was able to be here which was so awesome. Kalie our neighbor came over enjoyed in the festivity. Ava and Elijah got to talk to Grandpa and Nanna Nix on Skype and open a few presents.
Needless to say I think that Elijah was the most excited about Ava having a birthday. The entire time she was taking a nap he was pestering me about birthday presents, and birthday cake, and how he wanted a robot present. We blew up ballons and got out noise makers. He was so overjoyed and thrilled it became a challenge. He wanted to blow out her candles and cried when I told him no.
Overall it was a sucessful 2nd birthday for Ava. She seemed pretty happy and thrilled to get present and eat cake. So thanks for everyone who sent presents and cards in the mail. We enjoyed them all.
Ava's List:
2 bathing suits
1 red outfit
1 night gown
1 shirt (that says, "when I grow up I want to be like my grandma and ride motorcyle")
1 beach cover
2 books
1 dress
1 Cat in the Hat doll
Bubble sets
1 mickey mouse ballon
2 puzzles
1 giant bouncy ball with glitter inside
1 video dance camera
$20
1 pair of sunglasses
(elijah got sunglasses too)
1 annoying music making microphone (which both kids LOVE!)
I think that is it, she made out pretty good...












2 comments:
looks like Ava's party was FUN! Wish we could've been there to give her a present, although from the list, it looks like she racked up! Michelle did an awesome job on the cool cake! Tell her I said hello! She was our neighbor on base and was always giving me cool recipes and letting me borrow cookbooks! And rocky and her doggy were buddies! lol
anyways, stay in touch!!
geez, i wish i could come visit you in hawaii!!!!!! it's so beautiful!
is Jaron deploying anytime soon?
Happy Birthday to Ava. I can't believe she is two. I remember when she was born and you brought her to our little playgroup. My how time flies.
Post a Comment