Thursday, February 26, 2009

She's not a drooler...

Okay so a week or so ago the kids were playing in the car. We had just got home and I got a call from a good friend, so I was letting the kids tumble around in the car. Elijah beamed straight for the front seat and was playing. Then when I asked the kids to get out of the car they went crazy. Ava starting drooling and was foaming at the mouth. Ava has never ever never been a droller, so I asked her, "Ava are going to throw up? Are you okay?". She responded with a big grin and the smack of her lips and proudly said, "I GUM, Mommy". Elijah at quickly gotten himself a piece of gum and slipped a piece to Ava. It was her first piece of gum and she wasn't given up. She chewed for about 10 minutes before swallowing.

NOTE: Elijah had been banned from chewing gum because he decided a few weeks ago to put a chewed piece in his brand new shorts I had bought him.

It was really fun and one of the moments that just continues to make me laugh. Now every time Ava things I am chewing gum she says, "You gum" and if I tell her no she tells me "open mouth, I see". She is only satisfied to see that I have an empty mouth.

No comments: