Elijah is only 7 years old and body odor has struck. I thought at first it was just from being outside but came to realize no matter with daily bathing and even if he didn't get sweaty he still had the BO smell. I finally caved to buying deodorant (all natural of course). I hadn't really told Elijah he smelled but only told him now that he's older he needs to shower everyday, so when I intruded deodorant and wanted to know why he needed it l. Of course I tried to be tactful by explaining as we get older we all tend to start an smell and showed him how to apply the deodorant. Needless to say he was outside explaining to Kai or neighbor kid how (Elijah referring to himself) that he stinks and now has to wear deodorant. ;-)
Then that night I walked into the bathroom and heard the conversation between Elijah and Ava about the deodorant.
Elijah: do I really smell? Ava smell me?
Ava: yes (sniffing his armpit) followed by uncontrolled laughter.
Ava reminds him about applying the deodorant and well Elijah could care less that he stinks. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment