Monday, September 20, 2010

Elijah the big!


Elijah is growing up quick!!! The reason I choose this first picture to start Elijah's individual post was because I was recently talking to another Mom and we were discussing our 5 year old boys. She said that she is currently reading a book about boys and the author describes this stage as the lover stage. I thought about Elijah for a second and thought to myself as crazy as he can be at times, he really has become much more affectionate. He wants me to play with him all the time and loves and getting a huge hug from after school everyday.

Elijah is just a bundle of energy and a chatter box these days. He pretty much talks the entire time he is awake and home unless he is watching TV. He talks about everything and anything!!! And to think 2 years ago we were worried about him being able to express himself.

Here is a few samples of conversation in our house with Elijah:

Me: Hey Elijah we are going to the beach today.
E: Hum, I don't think so, the pool is much better. The pool is better because there are no waves, no wing, and no sand. I think we should go to the pool.

One day while riding in the car and looking at the clouds and noticed one of the clouds looked solid and flat.
E: Mom do you think there are sidewalks in heaven.
C: Yes, I do.
E: Do you think they are made of clouds just like that one.
C: (I looked up and saw what he was talking about)
Yes, maybe
E: I think I can see God walking on that cloud.

I was sick a couple of months ago and I always tell the kids not to pick their nose because that can make them sick. I had the stomach bug and I was in the bathroom throwing up and I heard E say, "Ava, I think Mom must have picked her nose because she's throwing up"

E: Mom how old are you?
Me: I am 29 and I will be 30 on my birthday
E: (with a shocked look) "I can't count that much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Elijah's quotes and funny things could go on and on, but more then anything I am so happy to have finally see the lover in him. He has a bit more compassion. He thinks of us often. He makes presents for his sister at school. He is an amazing little boy and I hope he turns into an amazing man someday.



One the first times he rode on two wheels!!! Now he rides his bike to school everyday.

Mowing our grass with a REAL manual lawnmower.

He is looking at the manual for the van. He told me that he was going to learn everything he needed to know about Daddy's van. :)

On this particular day Elijah didn't want to head to the beach for an afternoon session. So he refused to put on his bathing suit. Before I knew it he had found a coconut and was playing some kinds game with his sister in the water.


No comments: