Friday, June 5, 2009

The Count Down Begins

It seems that the count down has begun for the deployment. We had the family pre-deployment brief which was pretty helpful for a first timer like myself. We don't of course have an exact date for departure but it should be sometime the first part of August. It sounds as if they are going to pretty much a ground zero site so not much communication is going to be taking place over the phone or email. The parts of the bried where events that will be going on while they are gone. How much money we will be making. What to do if we decided to leave the island. making sure to have our wills and power of attorney's up to date. Just general things to get done before being seperated from a spouse for 7 months.

It's just heart wrenching knowing that I may only hear Jaron's voice a few times while he is gone. It hard thinking that he is going to be living in pretty terrible conditions. I don't allow myself to think death, because death can happen anytime any where. I didn't tear up during the brief until they got a section about United through Reading where the deployed daddy or mommy can make a DVD reading book, singing songs, and talking to their children. Then they showed a video of kids kissing the TV and I lost it. All I could think is, "THIS ISN"T RIGHT! DADDIES SHOULD BE KISSING THEIR KIDS GOOD NIGHT!" I guess its hard because Jaron does all these things when he is home and sad to me that this all the Dadddy they are going to get while he is gone. Okay, I know he signed up for this. He voluteered to be apart of the U.S. Military, but it doesn't mean that him leaving is any less painful or heart wrenching.

So we are upon another weekend and it will be another weekend gone.

2 comments:

Melissa Andreasen said...

The best thing for me to think is that I am not the only spouse and mom about to go through this. Ryan is up for his first in October! I started to cry just now reading your post about the daddy being gone. It's not going to be easy, but WE CAN DO IT!

Tonia said...

You will be strong and confident while he is gone! If you need someone to talk to, i will always be here! Stay strong crystal, after all, we are all in this together!