Saturday, November 8, 2008

39 days....

I have been living my life out of suitcase now for 39 days and well its surprising gone pretty well this far. I have at least another 30 days before I see all of my things again. Its been amazing to see what you can live without for a couple of months. We have bought some new clothes, but really we just have been wearing what we packed. The kids have learned to play with the few toys they have and really have seemed to thrive with that. We as Americans think that we need all of our stuff at all times. But its amazing to see how much less TV we watch and how much more we have enjoyed just being with each other. We have seen more things, played more cards, and learned that just being together is amazing. I have laughed more this past month then I thought possible. I managed to see more people then I thought possible in a short period of time, while lugging my kids through it all.My kids have been awesome as we jumped from place to place. They have slept, played, and have eaten pretty well.

The cons are your jeans go from fitting to tight to unbearable and you realize that eating cookies and chocolates does that to you. So you can't blame it on the dryer for shrinking your jeans, but you have to come to realize that your butt has gotten bigger. I haven't cooked a meal in sometime, which I love to do. I have eaten more fast food in 39 days then one person should eat in 365 days. You can't leave your bras hanging on doorknobs, but most safely tucked them away so your host won't be appalled at your sloppiness. Not to ever book a hotel off of Hotwire, because you may end up in a $100 bug invested room. Always go Marriott !!!!

I have learned to be thankful for having amazing family and friends that love us enough to let us live with them for short periods of time. I have learned that we can face anything as family and still love one another through it all. I have learned that laughing often and crying some is okay. I have learned that portable DVD players are the best invention ever. I have learned that I love my life and where is brought me. I am just an average person living a life filled with love, adventure and unlimited possibility.

This is what I have learned living out of a suit case.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I agree! We are getting ready to do the suit case life style too! Good luck with your move!