
Our First Family Photo where you can see us all!!!
After almost of 7 months of being separated we are a family once again. Wow, I can't believe we made it to be honest. Having a child a in school, another in preschool, and an active toddler, plus being pregnant the whole deployment had its challenges. I had days that were really ugly around here and days that went just perfect. My goal was to look no farther then a week a head and make it week by week. I guess somehow the weeks passed and we made it.
Last time the hardest weeks were the end of the deployment. I was extremely irritable and frustrated and looking for the house to be perfect. I think this time around I just need to focus on the daily task and was much more relaxed about his arrival home. I cleaned "good enough" and got the kids ready in time to make it to watch their Daddy's arrival home. :)
We arrived with about 20-30 minutes before the estimated arrival. The kids did great waiting to see the plane land and then we staked out a spot to meet Jaron. I wasn't going to miss him this time like I did last time. After Rowan decided to throw a 5 minute screaming tantrum which seemed like an eternity as I searched the crowd of cammies for Jaron. I finally spots him and moved into the crowd screaming in my loudest somewhat man voice, "Jaron, Jaron....". He spotted us and the kids followed suit and were able to jump up on their Daddy for the long awaited hug. I wasn't very emotional until I hugged him and then suddenly I was overwhelmed with relief that he was finally here and I was no longer alone and responsible for caring for all these kids and possibly giving birth to another without him. I was finally not ALONE! He was home safe and sound and something not to be taken for granted.
Thank You to everyone who has helped through this deployment whether through prayer, watching my kids, or just plain listening to me complain. I know that I couldn't make it through without all the help and support that I receive from my wonderful friends and family.
I actually hired another photographer here on base and have been waiting to get all my pictures back before posting them on here. Here's just a few that I took after all the major excitement was over and I told the other photographer she could head home. I am so excited to see all the pictures and share with you guys!


The kids as you can see didn't give Jaron a bit of space.
Pure joy and chaos was going on as we waited for Jaron's bags to make it off the plane. The kids were just beside themselves.
Ava was over the moon to have her Daddy back!
Playing animals on the couch. This is one of Rowan favorite things to do these days. He is just like his brother and sister in having a great imagination. He talks a lot and makes tons of noises which most is Rowan-nese.

Elijah is so happy to finally have his Daddy in a choke hold! :)

The long anticipated wrestling session!!!!! The kids were in heaven and laughing hysterically!!! One of my favorite moments in my house. I just love how much joy is brought by doing something completely simple.
1 comment:
I'm so happy you have your hubby back. The pictures are priceless! Elijah is getting so darn big and looks just like his daddy! :-)
Post a Comment