Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Happy Halloween

Okay, after being told to post some pictures, here I am posting. We had a great time this Halloween season!! It started with a visit to local pumpkin patch was pretty cool. The only thing was the pumpkins were already picked and put in a field for you pick and not right off the vine. The kids a great time running around trying to find one that they could carry. Then of course the pumpkin carving. And lastly, the big night! Elijah, Ava, and Rowan were Mario, Luigi, and Yoshi. We went out pretty early and hit only about 10 houses before the kids more then enough candy. Elijah begged to come home so he could change costumes and hand out candy to the rest of the trick or treaters.

Elijah of course was full force with the idea of Halloween and Ava was a bit more shy about the whole thing, while Rowan made sure to wave good bye to everyone before leaving each house. It was alot fun!!!


"Sorry I posted the pics in the wrong order, but you get the point"


They really were excited about the mustaches kinda cover up the excitement


Little Yoshi practicing his walking skills.

The family!

Ava as the cutest Luigi ever!!!
The most handsome Mario!

The sky was so beautiful that night and of course I couldn't resist a picture.

Elijah's wardrobe change and duty handing out candy. He was so funny because the bowl was really to big and heavy for him to hold, so he couldn't put the candy in the their bags, so he would tell them "Only 2 pieces please".

Waiting for the next round of trick or treaters.

Ava dug right in and thought this whole pumpkin carving thing was fun!

I'm thinking Jaron looks awfully dangerous with that knife.

After we carved Elijah and Ava colored the pumpkins.

Elijah and Daddy carving together.

I got one!

Now for slim jim to carry it...LOL

"I got it! I think?"

"Carrying higher seems to work better"

"Can you carry two?"....

The Nix Gang!

I think by this point the kids were over the pumpkin patch.


The Nix boys leading the way to the car.

No comments: