
I can't believe how fast September and October were over before I could count to three. At first I felt like we hadn't done very much and then I look through my photos and can see that we have done ALOT! I guess I should start with the kids.
Elijah is doing great in school! We had our first parent teach conference (which is standard) and though he wasn't excelling any one thing he was showing a huge improvement just after the 1st nine weeks. I think the quote of the conference was "Elijah is very true to himself". Translation: "Elijah doesn't do what Elijah doesn't want to do". They said he was more of an observer then a doer. I thought it was interesting hearing they weren't sure how much he was listening until they started asking questions and he could answer them all.
Elijah is for sure starting pick up more sayings. The other night he was talking to Jaron on the phone and he said, "What's been going on Dad?". It was cute! He actually had a great conversation with Jaron on the phone. The other thing recently he told me while shopping, "You're driving me insane. That's what my brain is telling me". He is really into the whole brain telling you things lately. He keeps asking me what he should get for Christmas and I keep telling him I don't know, so he tells me to use my brain because it can tell me what he wants. One day I told him that I was to tired for my brain to think and he proceeded to tell me to go eat some food because my brain needs energy.
Elijah is also starting to read site words. His teacher told me today that he cuts with his thumb down (which is wrong) , but cuts perfectly. So they aren't sure what to do with him. LOL I love my Elijah, because he truly is unique.
Ava can write about 5 letters now, counts pretty well, and loves gymnastics. I have got to try and get a better picture of her at gymnastics. I think over the past two months they Ava has become a bit more of a drama queen, but we are for sure working through it.
Ava's funniest quote here lately was, "you know what will happen if you get hit by a car? You will get dead and need a really BIG band aide". She also uses the words, "I think" alot.
Rowan is BUSY! I think he truly believes that the floor is for babies, so he pretty much is on the couch at all times. He has no interest in walking. His hair is turning more blond by the day. He recently started screaming all the time, but seems to have turned a corner the past few days and is atleast using the all done sign for eating. The screaming is so bad that I actually pulled off the H3 to look him in the face and to tell him "NO SCREAM".
I swear this past month I heard Rowan say "Elijah", "here you go", "done", "duck", and more I am sure. He sings and hums alot! I just love it! Rowan tries to wrestle. He also, is really into hitting right now. So the other day he was hitting Elijah on the head and I told Elijah to take his hand and put in his lap and tell him no. So Elijah did as instructed, so Rowan took Elijah hand and started hitting Elijah with his own hand. I was laughing so hard, because I guess technically he wasn't hitting Elijah anymore.
The pictures are in the best order I could manage. I decided to do a different post of our camping adventures.

I hosted a baby shower with Anne for Michelle. It was a success!


Jaron was stand by for the airshow, so me and the kids hung out with him the last day of the show. The kids loved being with their Daddy and I loved feeling apart of his week, since he had been gone all week.

The CH-53D part of the show. It was fun watching them fly in, but one of the helicopters couldn't take off after landing and had to be towed of the tarmac. I guess that's why the Marine Corps is phasing them out.

We've recently made a new friends with Hawald family. Tommy is in Elijah's class. So we invited them out to the Botanical Gardens for a picnic and fresh air. Its so much fun meeting knew people.

Crazy fun dress up time! I got these at a yard sale for basically nothing. I love that my kids have such great imaginations.


Loving the wrestle session with Daddy. Jaron is currently in Yuma right now and Elijah told me he missed his Daddy. I asked what did he miss and his eyes got big and he said, "wrestling".


Elijah did this all on his own. He got a book and told Rowan to sit his lap and them read 5 little monkeys. Rowan sat and listened to the whole book. I was really impressed with both my boys.

While Jaron was gone in I think September we did a glass bottom boat tour with the adventure group. It was a ton of fun, but boy a lot of work with these guys.


Family lunch with Elijah. This is the day I learned that Elijah has a best friend at school named Stewie. Okay I heard about stewie but hadn't seen him. After lunch Elijah goes over to Stewies class and waits for him to come out to recess. It is really sweet.

I included this picture because I recently started renting lens to test them out. This is the first lens I rented and well I am currently waiting for it to come in the mail.
Elijah at gymnastics. He complains he doesn't like but seems to like it once we are there. I actually just signed him up for basketball, which starts next month. CRAZY!!


One day while outside playing I realized I couldn't find Elijah. So I found him in the garage playing with Jaron's tools. I think this was when Jaron was gone for a couple days. I guess he wanted to feel close to his Dad. I thought it was sweet.

I am not sure if these are the world largest pancakes, but I think they are in the running. These pancakes were featured on Man vs Food. Anywho, seriously and table of 6-8 could eat just one serving of these pancakes.
We went with the Frokjers because Michelle loves pancakes and wanted to see these with her own eyes. Needless to say we didn't finish a whole order.


I took these photos on Rowan's birthday. I actually had a session with a neighbors little girls and afterwards we did a picnic and when the sun started to set I thought it would be fun to get a picture of the kids. So here we go!! I tried picture with just Rowan for his 1 year portrait and he wasn't having it. I hope to take some good pictures of the kids in the next couple of weeks.


I just took these photos the other day at the park. These kids just love to be outside. I can't imagine being inside with them all the time. We seriously are outside probably 3-4 hours a day.






















1 comment:
Thank you for sharing your pics and your lives with us. I don't get time to read your posts very often but when I do I think I smile the whole time I am reading. You are an amazing photographer. When we are there in May you have the duty of lots of pics...lol. Love ya!
Post a Comment