I don't know about you but I can't believe it's already February. Knowing that we are now into Febrary is a huge relief because that means we are so much closer to Jaron being home. One would think this time would happy and exciting and it is in a way, but at the same time the anxiety and the sense of urgency kicks in. On days where the days seem long, the kids are about to kill each other, and I am exhausted I think to myself, "Why isn't he home already!!!". But none the less the time is drawling near and there are a lot of projects to get done.
The kids are excited about the news that Daddy is almost home and they are so looking forward to being home. I look forward to him being able to say "Good Night" to them each night and rough housing with them. Though I have been mother and father these past 7 months, it doesn't mean that I could ever replace Jaron and the desire the kids have to be with their father.
I have to say that this time apart has made me more thankful for the life that God has blessed us with. I know it seems ironic because who would think being away from their spouse for so many months would make you appricate your life, but instead would think that this would lead to "woe is me" mentality. For me it makes me realize that what Jaron and I have is special. It makes me realize that we are truly blessed to have such awesome and amazing kids. We are blessed to have family that loves and supports us. We have friends that see us through the hard times and give us a good laugh when needed. Though there is a list of things that Jaron does that drive me crazy and though our life together is less then perfect, this time apart made my list of thankful fors...ALOT longer. I see much more positive in Jaron then I did before and can't wait to be with him again.
So as we head into this last month of the deployment continue to prayer for Jaron and his fellow Marines. Pray that I continue to be the best mother that I can be and to remain patient with the kids.
Okay February lets go as fast as January so March can get here FAST!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment