Friday, February 12, 2010

The struggle

I have to say that I have been pretty even keel (emotionally) this deployment, besides the time home in Florida where I had a few mini breakdowns out of exhaustion and stress. So this past week or so has caught me by surprise when I felt a little depressed. I guess maybe its because the Advance party got back this week or maybe the kids being sick 5 our of 7 days or the lack of sleep or the list could go on and on. I just felt like I was kinda running on a hamster wheel and getting no where. We all have these moments in life and they pass quickly, but boy am I happy to be feeling optimistic today.

I know that Jaron is right around the corner in coming home, but my I will not be at rest until his plan lands and he is yet again with us. The thought of next years deployment just breaks my heart. I can only hope that we will have an AWESOME 2010 as a family to help us make it through 2011.

Since I feel so great today and in a great mood. I am taking the kids on a date. We are going to the park, then for pizza, and then to the movies. It should add up for eventful evening.

Elijah made my day today by giving me great big hugs and telling me that he loves me. Not just once but three times today. It makes all the bad days fade away and makes me bask in the glory of being loved by my first born son.

2 comments:

Lindy said...

Oh Crystal...my heart goes out to you. Deployments are so hard normally, but with what this deployment has thrown at you...I don't know how you do it girl! You are incredibly strong...hang in there! He's almost home :)

The Nix Gang said...

Thanks Lindy! I am acutally sick now and feeling depressed once again. I just have to make a few short weeks. I hate feeling so desperate!