Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mom's visit...

My Mom arrived a week before Rowan was here was able to stay just over 3 weeks. It was so wonderful having here for company and support. I felt kinda bad that she came to Hawaii for the first time to work hard, but we were able to workout some fun Hawaii site seeing before Rowan was born and a little after. Thankfully, my great friend Michelle took Mom on two hikes, so Mom could see beautiful Hawaii. Thanks MICHELLE!!!
A huge thanks to Mom for getting up almost every morning with the kids and getting Elijah to and from school!!! It was such a huge help having you here, so I could just hold and adore Rowan while watching Elijah and Ava.
I LOVE YOU!!!

Elijah was so excited about Grandma coming he couldn't sleep so I took him the airport with me to pick her up. First time seeing Grandma in a year.

Welcoming Grandma her first morning here Hawaiian style! ALOHA!



After dropping Elijah off at school one morning we went to Hanauma Bay for a little bit of snorkeling. This was obviously before Rowan was born. It was quick, but fun trip. I was so happy Mom got to enjoy a little bit of Hawaii.

Cute picture of Ava that Grandma took.

grandma even got experience a pre-school field trip to the pumpkin patch with Elijah. They had great time!!!


Elijah after his first barber shop haircut!

Mom and Michelle on one of the hikes.

On Mom's first Friday night we ventured down to the Hale koa (Waikiki) to swim at the pool in the afternoon, sunset and then watch the fireworks. The sunset was beautiful.

Blowhole


Rowan 10 days old at the North Shore.
Took Mom to the North Shore to see sea turtles, eat shrimp, and we also found a surf competition at Sunset beach.


Nothing like a couple of sand angels. :)


We also, were able to visit the Bishop Museum. They currently have a dinosaur exhibit for kids and alot about Hawaiian history.

Before Mom left we managed to squeeze in a Luau. My friend Michelle watch Elijah and Ava so we could go. It was a super cheesy show, but I have to say being around a bunch of people on vacation is pretty relaxing and entertaining, because they are there for a good time. Mom had a great time!!! I did too.
Rowan 12 days old at his first Luau...the first of many I am sure.

Mom signing off Hawaiian style!!!

No comments: