You might want to skip this first part because its long and just kinda telling about the whole birthday of Rowan. Now that Rowan has been with us for over a week and I guess I should start catching up before I forget everything. Last Monday the 19th I had contractions on and off all day, but nothing consistent. I walked in the morning and in the evening hoping to help things along. It was disappointing since I was ready to meet him. So I went to bed hoping to be in labor the next day. For a few hours through the night I was having pretty consistent contractions that were getting stronger. So I told my Mom lets go ahead to head to the hospital. We got in the car and on the way the contractions stopped. So we walked for a while before going into Labor and Delivery. I didn't have any contractions while hooked up to the machines and was really really disappointed, since I was showing other signs of labor. After the midwife checked and I was 3cm (hospital usually doesn't admit unless you are 4cm) and 50% effaced. I just knew they were going to send me home. The midwife then offered to induce if I really wanted to try and have the baby that day. So we dicussed risk and I just couldn't decide. So after going to breakfast and thinking about it we decided to go ahead to induce. The final reason why is because I got a call from Amy telling me that Ava was throwing up at home. I just couldn't come home and take the chance of getting the stomach flu and then go into labor.
So around 10am I was lead to my room and that's where it all began and ended. They started Poticon around 11am and the contractions weren't to bad. Throughout the day I was thankfully able to move around, get into the tub, and just relax. Anne and Michelle (my friends) were totally stoked about being there and were fun to have around to talk during the hours where I could still talk. My Mom just kinda relaxed and was able to particpate with the guideance from the doula in ways that she could help me. Around 6:30 they checked me and I was 4cm...I was so upset. They then broke my water and that made things move more quickly, but boy do things get more uncomfortable once that bag of water is gone. The good thing was Rowan came all the way down. After an hour of super intense contractions they checked me and I was only 5cm. I was MAD!!!!!! After changing positions Rowan came rather quickly. I dilated to 10 in less 30 minutes and pushed him out in 9 minutes. So FAST!!! in the end that is. Rowan came out and his cord was wrapped around his neck. arm and leg. He never showed any signs of distress during labor so that is good.
The greatest thing about the day beside Rowan being born healthy and perfectly formed is Jaron being able to be on the phone to hear his son take his first breath (cry). It was truly a blessing and amazing. We were very lucky to have this opportunity. Jaron even was a little emitional and I just wished that I could have hugged him and hand him his son to hold.
The beginning of Labor...with Jaron by my side in the form of a pillow case.
Michelle and AnneThey made Support Person #1 and #2 with rules on the back.
Me and Mom
Camera Crew
Moments after being born. I was able to hold him before a while before the took away to do all the measurements. 
When they took him away to do all the assesments.
Looking happy! :)
What a great shot!
First picture with Daddy.
I had this pillow made to make it look like Jaron was holding Rowan and they could have their first picture together. It was a picture from Ava's birth and we just placed Rowan over top of her.
Talking to Jaron!
2 comments:
Congratulations Crystal!
You are amazing! We are excited for you. Great job little Momma! We miss you. Marie and Tiff at UWF.
Post a Comment