Monday, October 12, 2009

Another week down and of course No Baby yet...

I feel blessed to have made it through another week here in beautiful Hawaii. We are now a third of the way through this deployment and it feels like an eternity. The kids and I just stay as busy as possible doing things around the house and a little bit around the island. The thing that I am very thankful for is that though I don't get to talk to Jaron on the phone everyday or skype like many in the military community do these days, I get emails quite a bit. For some this is not enough, but I know that we are fortiunate to live in a time where we can communicate with ease and not have to wait on snail mail and a once a month phone call. So I am thankful for the 1-2 phone calls a weeks and sometimes daily emails (though not always). Some of this of course is positive self talk to help myself deal with the stress and anxiety of being seperated from our beloved husband and Daddy. But I can truly say I am thankful today. I was able to talk to Jaorn a few times last week and each time I got off the phone and cried a bit just because it breaks my heart not knowing when the next time I will talk to him is and if I will have had our son by that point.



Who's silly kids are those?
Elijah says he is Joseph when he has these glasses on and doesn't talk but only motions. Its funny.
Duck Pond with friends that day.



Child Labor...;)

The other thing I am truly thankful for is the great friends that I have made here. Michelle my neighbor has become one of my closest friends and someone I truly cherish. I love that we can just hang out anytime and do practically nothing, but still have a good time. Anne is just so awesome and absolutely adores the kids. She has to be far one of the most generous people that I know. Then April, Valerie, Katie all who have children, we are at the beginning of building a friendship and I feel so blessed by all of these ladies. Everyone is just so patient, generious and supportive. I have such a hard time letting these ladies know how much they mean to me and I sure do hope they feel appreciated.



Valerie, Me and Michelle at Dinner


With that said, "Yes, I am still pregnant". There is a part of me that is thankful, but a part that is ready to get this show on the road. I had my appointment on Saturday and everything went pretty smoothly. The midwife allowed Elijah to find the babies heartbeat and he thought it was fun measureing my "BIG BELLY" as he says. It was really cute.


38 Weeks



39 weeks

Elijah measuring the belly!

There's the heartbeat...good job Elijah!

Elijah has been on fall break this past week which requires a lot of my time and energy putting out fires with the kids, but really over all they play pretty well together. I mainly hung around base this past week with the kids, but ventured down to the Hale Koa to swim at the pool to swim. Elijah though not a full on swimmer is certainly on his way to becoming a great swimmer. Ava even has more comfortable in the water, which is awesome to see.

We also, had a squadron picnic this weekend and the kids had a blast. It was on the bayside of the base, so it was great for the kids to all play and splash around in the water. It was truly a blessing to be around other wives and just let the kids run wild and have fun.




Playing with some big kids and having a blast

Kicking around on the body board like the big kids

Now that I think of it I had an extremely busy weekend. Friday Hale Koa, Friday night wives coffee, Saturday picnic, Saturday afternoon doctors appointment, Saturday evening dinner to welcome a friend back to the island, and Sunday well just commissary and cleaning the house for Mom's arrival.

The toughest part of this past week has been the pure exhusation. I feel wonderful for being 39 weeks pregnant, but I need rest in the afternoons and the kids just aren't letting me do that. It seems once I finally fall asleep they come out of their room from rest time or they are fighting. It just makes want to SCREAM! I actually had a crazy Mom moment this week. I was extremly exhausted and told the kids they needed to rest and not come out of their room until I came and got them. I finally feel asleep on the couch and they came out. It old them to go back to their room and play queitly. They know what this means and within seconds they were running around screaming and being crazy. I soon got up and walked back to their room only to find they had every book off their bookshelf and toys thrown about the room. I just lost it after telling them to pick up and they both refused. I started the old trash bag and bin pack up. I packed up every toy and almost every book. Elijah wailed "don't take my toys" while Ava happily helped back up the toys. They lost their toys for about 48 hours and to be honest they were perfectly fine without them. They looked at the three books I had left out and colored and practiced writing letters. They just found things to entertain themselves.

As for today the rainly season has started here in Hawaii, so its cloudy and overcast. We are stuck inside for the moment, but I am sure we will find something to do today. We are awaiting Grandma's (my Mom's) arrival tonight. The kids are currently dancing with our dancing robot. Way to cute!!!

























No comments: