Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

The weekends tend to hunt me as they come for many reasons. One reason is they seem like they are forever and can often be very lonely. Another reason is well I am one step closer to being a mother of three. Though the second reason is a joyful and exciting one it is just daunting to know that I will be solely reasonable for three kids by myself (with the great help that is coming from the mainland) until Jaron arrives home almost five month later.

I guess with that being said, I would like to say for being a three day weekend it was neither lonely and long. I was able to keep pretty busy. Friday night I was able to go socialize with some ladies at the O'club while Amy watched the kids. I so needed that time. Saturday was consumed with taking a friend to the airport, buying fish for the kids, and having a playdate with one of our new friends from the squadron. Sunday was taken up with just doing somethings around the house like completely the kids picnic table and then running errands around the island
to get ready for the BBQ. Of course Monday consisted cleaning the house and getting things ready for hosting the BBQ.

I have to say with all of that going on it was not the least bit boring, but I sure was tired by Tuesday and took a day of rest for myself and the baby. I have had a busy week as well with the tour of Labor and Delivery, getting my car fixed, and just getting another package ready to send to Jaron.

The Labor and Delivery tou was fun, because my friends Michelle and Anne went with me. Neither of them have children yet and were all excited and getting to see and hear the happenings of going to the hospital. They are now planning to make a go bag with all kinds of goodies to bring to the hospital when I go into labor and planning a meal to bring after I have the baby. I am sure they have something else up their sleeve too.

The kids were alot of fun this weekend and for sure provided me with endless entertainment. A few cute stories will follow.

Elijah
While preparing for the BBQ Elijah and Ava were helping me rake up the leaves in the backyard. He was so ready and willing! Then we got out there to work in after racking up one pile, he stops and says, "I need a break. I'm going inside to take a rest", ending with a big sigh. As Ava worked energestly with her broom and dust pan getting the leaves in the trash can. I made him stay and help.

He also, has been pretending to talk on the phone to Jaron. It starts off with a pretend ring, then he answers, "Hello, hey Daddy. Are you coming home today?", he then answers himself, "No". He goes through a series of questions that all end with the answer no and then tells him good-bye. Its quite sad, but fun to listen to at the same time.

Also, I started asking him sometime back if he had any good dreams when he wake up in the morning. So he has been telling me lately, "I dream about piggies and it comes out of my ear in a bubble". Then he asks me what I dream about.



Ava
"I am going to fly in the sky like Daddy, but as a butterfly."

The day of our BBQ one of our friends has a 19 month old little boy and Ava loved having him boss around. If he tried to go in the house, she would tell him, "Hey boy (she keep forgetting his name), get out my house".

Then today I am watching a friends little boy that is her age and I told tell she was starting to boss him around. I told to be nice, and she just looked at me and grinned.


The fish have brought some endless entertainment. As you can see Ava likes laying on the table and watching them swim and talks to them.

Ava told me that the fish talk to her and proceeded to demonstrate by puckering her lips up and kissing them like a fish.

One thing that was really funny, is one of the fish somehow managed to get under a rock and he told me that I needed to save it. So as I was trying to free the fish he was singing the Wonder Pets song and when the fish was free he told me that I was a "Super Hero".
All of us worked on putting the table together. They did pretty good with the screw drivers. Elijah was so excited to use his birthday tools as he calls them.





No comments: