The rest of the weekend we really just kinda relaxed and enjoyed just being together. We have played cards almost night since we have been here and I have to say Jaron and I are getting pretty good at Rummy Rummy, even though Nanny always wins the last hand and always says, " i never can do that". I also, bought some new prescription glasses and sunglasses. I have trouble wearing my contacts and its a great back up.
On Tuesday we went out to Rock Creek Pumpkin Farm and picked our first pumpkins ever. This was totally new experience for both the kids and us. When we arrived to the Pumpkin field both Elijah and Ava where excited. Ava said, "Pumpkins YEA!!!" and started clapping. We had a great time wondering the field trying to find a pumpkin. Elijah and Ava liked playing in the dirt a little more, but it was still fun. That night we went to Nate and Karen's for dinner and carved one of the pumpkins there. I think that it turned out pretty good.
Crystal & Kids at pumpkin patch
Elijah loving the pumpkin patch
Searching for the perfect pumpkins...
Nate & Elijah unveiling the top and looking at the guts....Elijah thought it was stinky and gross.
Jaron & Nate skecthing the face of our awesome pumpkin.
Elijah thought it was fun to put the pumpkin back together like a puzzle.
YUCKY!!!! Sorry this one should have gone first.
Our two sided pumpkin with ears. I had trouble setting my camera to take an un-blurry picture.
On Wednesday we took our car in for some needed work. We are almost up for a new timing belt and well lets just say it was cheaper to do it here then in Hawaii. So we coughed up the money and paid. Nanny and I went to the thirft store and found some good finds. We got Elijah a horse custom that he absolutely loves and it actually neighs too. I found some nice flexible leather boots for riding my new motorcycle. The boots are practically new, but I never thought I would buy shoes from the thrift store.
On Thursday we drove up to Estes Park in the mountains it was beautiful. The weather was in low 60s and perfect. We got to see some Elks up close in personal on the golf course. The kids loved seeing the Elk! Ava picked up some Elk poop and said "What's that"...GROSS!!!! From my understanding the Elks come down to Estes this time of year and pretty much take over. We even saw some laying in someones backyard and on their deck. I am pretty sure it against the law to do anything to them, so people just have to leave them alone.
Do you see the Elk behind us?
Elijah and the Elk
Ava and the Elk, she is probably about to pick up the poop here.
A bull Elk who was off by himself. We didn't get to close to him.
The lounging Elk...
After seeing the Elk and washing Ava's hands, we then we drove up to the National Park where it was breath taking. I wish the camera truly grasped out beautiful it really is here. We went to Bear Lake and well it was kinda windy and cold up there, so just stayed a minute and went a little further down the mountain to hike to see Alberta Falls. It was a beautiful hike and Elijah hiked the whole way himself. Ava rode on back and walked some as well. She wanted out when we got to an area with some large boulder all around. I think she thought she pick one of those rocks up and carry it, instead she settled for small rocks. She would walk along and say "rock" pick it up and carry for a while before replacing it with another.
Elevation at Bear Lake was 9,475 feet above sea level.
It was windy so me and Ava were having major hair issues.
Elijah posing for us at Bear Lake.
This is what Ava does when she wants to have some of your drink. In this instance it was water from the camel pack.
Jaron and Elijah crossing the stream. There was a little bridge, but it seemed like fun for Elijah to cross by the stones.
Cute picture of Elijah and Jaron on the hike.
Hiking on the trail....
A Beaver Dam
Aspen Trees...Elijah was concerned about the tress not having leaves. He keep saying that they had ouchies.
Alberta Falls
Breath taking views that we saw driving through the National Park right by Estes Park.
On Friday we went to the local mall to walk and play. Ava was lets say "very spicy" today. (I got the saying from my friend Jackie) She didn't want to ride int he stroller, stay by us, or doing just about anything we wanted her to do. I guess the terrible two's are upon us. After walking the mall and eating some lunch. Elijah rode the carousel and thought that was great!
The kids and I on the Carousel
Great Nanny and Granpa with Elijah.
Aren't they cute!
We survived and enjoyed Halloween this year. Last Halloween I made a caveman costume for Elijah last year and refused to wear, but instead wanted to hand out candy. This year Nanny Page bought Elijah a horsey costume from the thrift store that he absolutely loved and Ava got an angel costume. They were both very proud to show off their costumes and go door to door begging I mean trick-or-treating for candy. It was really cute. Ava was kinda hesitant at first, but soon realized she was going to get some yummy candy and was on board. Auntie Karen and Uncle Nate tagged along and I think they really enjoyed it. We had a two adult per kid ratio...hehehe.
Nanny and Grandpa Page loved watching them go up and down the street gathering candy from all the neighbors. They each got three pieces of candy after trick-or-treating. Afterwords we just kinda hung out and ended up playing some cards to end another great day. Maddie (a teenage) cousin came over to see the kids and hang out. Both Ava and Elijah love her and she is great to them too.
Oh yeah, Nanny and Grandpa Nix arrived home from Rhode Island and it was sure good to see them. I will have to post Halloween pictures another day. Sorry.
1 comment:
LOVE the pics! it looks like you guys are having such fun!!!!!
safe travels to you!!
Post a Comment