My Dad and his crew joined me back to North Carolina from Sunday until Thursday. My step sister Ashley rode with me the whole ride home. It was nice to have someone in the car to talk to. We finally made it back home on Sunday night. The kids of course were pretty awesome. We had a great visit! Ashely and her two friends (Jamie and Kristen) helped tons with the kids and keeping them entertained. On the first day we took it kinda easy. I had to go grocery shopping and get some rest from our trip. So my Dad and his crew went down to the river and took Elijah swimming. Elijah was lets say tired. He ended falling asleep while Ashely was holding, which I may add is unheard of for Elijah.
On Tuesday the weather channel called for bad weather so we took a trip to Pine Knoll Shores Aquarium. It was really nice and perfect for the kids. It took about an hour to get through. We looked at everything, but decided to come back after lunch to see the reef exhibit feeding. Well we made it back and everyone got to see but me and Elijah. Elijah had a moment and I had to take him to the car. Ava loved watching it from what I have been told. I am so happy we took the time to go down there. It was worth it!
Because the beach and area was so nice there in Emerald Isle we decided to return there on Wednesday. So the next morning we got somewhat of an early start and drove back north. The girls went to a little local water park for an hour while Liza, myself and the kids went and relaxed on the beach. As you can tell in the pictures, Elijah spent most of his time in the water and Ava spend most of hers digging in the sand. We all really had a great time that day.
So after a few days visit a couple games of Wii Sports and Guitar Hero it was time for them all to leave. You have to understand this is a sad event. We leave for Hawaii in just a few short months and well Dad and Liza don't fly. So once we leave the continental United States, it will be a long time before we see them all again. Most likely two years. I am just so thankful that they take the time to come and be apart of our lives for a few days. Dad, Liza, and Ashley know that you will all be sorely missed. We love you all and miss you tons. I hope that you all remember this time as good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment