Sunday, June 15, 2008

Five Kids, Two Dogs, Six Snakes, Two Hamsters, and One Leapord Gecko EQUALS FUN

I just got back last week from visiting my sister-in-law Shayna (Jaron's oldest sister). We had a blast. I am going to set a little bit of scene for you. She has three kids (ages 8,5, almost 3) plus my two (ages 15m and 3) equals five kids. They own two dogs Peanut who is old (I think 12 or 13 years) and Ranger a great dane who just turned a year. They own 6 snakes all being small constrictors. The kids have two hamsters. The last pet they own is a leopard gecko. They live in a two story house with a basement and have a beautiful in ground pool in the backyard.

While I was there one of the hamsters was lost and found twice. A missing snake (they didn't tell me was lost) was found in the basement. I am not to crazy about snakes, but managed to survive. Ava is terrified of dogs. It took her about 3 days before one of the dogs could walk by without her freaking out and crying. But by the time we left she was reaching pet the dogs.

While I was there we hung out at the pool mostly and visited a few parks. We to watch JD in a soapbox derby which was fun. He won I believe 2-3 heats. He did such a great job. We also went strawberry picking and made jam.


Ava adored JD!!!! She would actually reach for him and then when he held her she would become like putty in his hands. She would just lay there and swoon over him. It was really too funny. JD was really good with her. He played stinky feet with her and was just always willing to play and help with her. He held her the couple times when went to the gym at the daycare so she wouldn't cry. It was really sweet. Alyssa wanted to hold Ava like JD, but as you can see Ava still had her eyes on JD. Alyssa was good with Ava too. She would read books to her while she was sitting in highchair waiting for meals. She also, picked out a dress up outfit for Ava when we went to a local thrift store.
Aaron is so cute!!!! Elijah and Aaron couldn't have gotten along any better. They played blocks, chase, and whatever little boys do. The last time there were together they fought constantly so it was nice that they got along so well.
Here's all the little kids playing blocks at the train table. Ava usually would end up crawling onto the table and messing up all the blocks to the little kids dismay.
Aaron and Elijah hiding behind a snake cage. CREEPY and CUTE!!!
Let's just say that JD is a growing boy. He ate that entire plate of spaghetti in no time flat. It was truly the biggest plate of spaghetti I have ever seen any one person eat.
Ava and Alyssa at the soapbox derby. It was so HOT!!!!! This is Ava's new silly face. She squints her eyes as tight as she can. She does this sometimes when she is walking and laughs.
JD racing his soap box car.
Ava hanging out by the pool in her cool new sunglasses. She loved getting the pool and floating around a raft with me or Auntie Shayna. By the last day we were there so would play on the steps and thought that was pretty neat. Elijah didn't play in the pool very much. Which was a huge suprise because last summer he was like the resident fish our neighborhood pool. He likes walking around and throwing toys into the pool for the other kids to get. JD is an excellent swimmer and pick up the dive sticks off the bottom. Alyssa is a good swimmer too. She currently learning how to use big arms .
This is Aaron. He would swim around the pool in his little floatie jacket. He was a good aim with a water gun.



Ava hunting for already picked strawberries. Doesn't she look so grown up here?

I think Aaron ate more then he picked. He would take them from Shayna's basket and put them in his own and then eat them.
WOW!!! Alyssa that is a big strawberry. She was by far our best strawberry picker. She did a good job picking the ones that were ripe.

Elijah is thinking here, "I don't eat these unless there in a smoothies"...lol...Anyone that knows Elijah knows he is a picky eater. He didn't really enjoy the strawberry picking, but he did like them in the smoothie we made later. Here is our attempt at a grandchildren/cousins photo. I bribed Elijah with a popiscle if he would sit and smile for the picture. This is the first time bribery worked so well for him. Alyssa, JD, and Ava did pretty good too. I should have put Ava's hair back though.Aaron had other things on his mind, like digging in the dirt with a stick. Oh well, we tried. I think we got a couple of cute pictures. Alyssa thought it was fun to wear the same dress as Ava.
Our visit was fun! We had a great time just being with one another and being family. I am just so thankful to have such a great sister-in-law (shayna) whom isn't just family, but a friend. She is probably one of the closest people to me. So thank for having us Shayna!!! We love and miss you all!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oops...left the comment in the wrong place..

I said that it not only equals fun, but complete CHAOS!!! We love and miss you guys too!! Shayna