Thursday, May 22, 2008

Happy 3rd Bday Elijah!!!!

Elijah is now a whole 3 years old. I can't believe that he has been in our lives now for three years. We are just so grateful for him. He certainly teaches and challenges us on a daily basis. We decided since Jaron's schedule is unpredictable during the week, that we would celebrate his birthday on Sunday instead of Tuesday. Elijah when he hears the word birthday he instantly thinks BIRTHDAY CAKE. So we started the day making his chocolate chocolate birthday cake. He loves to use the mixer so I let him help.

Then later in the day Jaron had to take Elijah out to the park, because all he would talk about was BIRTHDAY CAKE. I still had to ice it, so Jaron took the kids to the park and I finished the cake. We then ordered pizza (Elijah's all time favorite). This picture his Elijah's "I'm excited waiting for pizza face".

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was giggling the whole time.


As you can see he LOVED his BIRTHDAY CAKE!!! The forehead even got a taste.


Nanna Nix sent Elijah Jaron's old Teenage Mutuan Ninja Turtles (individually wrapped) and some other random toys. He absolutely loves them!!!

Look even Ava got in on the action. The dinosaur she is holding instantly became Elijah's favorite. She probably hasn't been able to hold it since. Ava did an awesome job watching brother open up presents with being to pesky.
ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ava was one tired baby.


Elijah still playing with the toys when he was getting ready for bed.

We bought Elijah a jumping bounce toy, dinosaur PJ's and a Dora book. He loves all three. Great Nana and Grandpa Nix sent a card and money. So I took Elijah to the store to pick out a new movie. He picked Toy Story, which he calls Woody. Grandpa Ripley (my mom) and Art sent a hummer which you will see Elijah dancing to in one of the videos. Papa Herring and Liza sent a card and money. I haven't decided what to put that money towards yet.


Jaorn was bouncing Elijah. I think he was having a great time!





As for our daily life things are going pretty good. Jaron is working like crazy, so we don't see him much. Elijah had another evaulation for speech and other skills. He will start speech therapy soon and because of his delay he will most likely attend the preschool on base. He will receive speech therapy at preschool as well. I am just so thankful that we have help so we can get him to where he needs to be. Ava is just changing all the time for good and bad. She now says "thank you" when you hand her something. But she is learning to throw some major hissy fits. The other day at the checkout she saw M&M's and she began screaming "M's, M's, M's" and crying. We got M&M's like three weeks ago and she remembers. She has gotten more teeth including two molars. So our life is moving at a snail's pace someday's and then other days like lightening.

So I hope your enjoyed the Birthday Special. If you ever need a giggle watch Elijah's crazy dancing video.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG..that video is HILARIOUS!!! SOO cute!

Happy Birthday Elijah..we love you!!

Auntie Shayna, Uncle Joey, and Cousins JD, Alyssa, and Aaron

Crazy Love said...

I cannot believe Elijah is 3! Wow! Happy Birthday Elijah!