Saturday, June 1, 2013

Surreal living!

I thought I would cry like baby when we left Hawaii but I didn't and I am not sure why. Maybe it's all so surreal right now since we are traveling across the U.S. or maybe complete denial. I don't know but I feel like I (we) were blessed to have lived there for 4.5 years. I mean seriously we lived where people dream about coming for just a week vacation their whole lives. Now we are doing and seeing things some people will never see in their whole life time. We aren't able to do every single thing that my heart desires for several reasons. Well one because of time, two because of money and three because our kids are simply to young.

I promised myself to not be bitter on this trip, because towards the end of our time in Hawaii my heart grew bitter because I simply wasn't able to enjoy the island to the fullest because of LIFE! There were kids to care for, toilets to clean, groceries to be buy, and work to be done so I didn't always get to go play.

Our trip today is to just enjoy this beautiful land as much as we can, relish in all the wonderful relationships (family and friends) we have and just be together.

So friends preparing to leave Hawaii it's tough because life else where isn't like island living but life anywhere can be beautiful!




No comments: