Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Holiday Season!!


Our Little Family
We are now closing out the year 2011 and its been a crazy on for sure. I am very sad that I didn't keep the blog up to date like I have in years past. I guess with Jaron being gone, being pregnant, and well trying to run my photography business it just kinda neglected. But when I look back at everything I have been able to document in years past it makes me regret missing out this year. I will for sure be trying a bit harder to keep up. I thought it appropriate to start with pictures from Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for as a family. We were together this year for starters, we got to spend with great friends, and well we had an amazing view while enjoying dinner in the backyard.

Thanksgiving

The sunset from that evening. It really never gets old.

Squadron Christmas Party


I think one the greatest things about being apart of a helicopter squadron is that Santa comes in on a helicopter. Its so much fun to see the kids get so excited to see Santa coming of the helicopter their Dads or Moms fly or work on everyday. The party was great! They had jumpy houses, bubble wrap for the kids to run on, horses to ride, the amazing ballon guys, and just plan fun.
Ava is so excited!






All the kids loved riding the horses. Since they were the last they got to go around a few extra times. Rowan was happy about being on the horse, but I couldn't get the right angle to catch that perfect expression. He cried when we took him off, but we didn't want to miss meeting Santa.
Noel all decked out in her holiday attire. :)
Elijah and Ava loved seeing Santa...lets just say Rowan put on the breaks and wouldn't go near.


Christmas EVE
I am trying desperately to start traditions with the kids. I thought making a ginger bread house on Christmas Eve would be a great one. I have one specific memory making a gingerbread house with my Mom and well lets say our house wasn't very pretty and the gingerbread men's legs broke off and the candy canes became walking canes. I think you get the picture. HAHA. Elijah and Ava did great job being patient as I built the houses and they did an awesome job decorating. Ava was a bit more detailed then Elijah. He just wanted to eat the darn thing.




Me and Noel hanging out while the kids decorated. :)

I actually took a whole bunch of pictures of Noel and will post some of those later, but for now this was my Merry Christmas to everyone. :)
I decided to try my hand at getting the kids in front of the tree in the Christmas jambes. I think they turned out cute. Elijah of course is acting like a crazy boy. :)
Ava is starting to head into the silly picture poses too. I know I know her eye is red in the picture. She just seems to have reoccurring eye problems. :(

Noel the super baby!
I just love them!
Hopefully, they will be buddies like Elijah and Ava.
Noel was actually playing with some of the ornaments under the tree. :) She is just so cute!
She loves her thumb

Christmas Morning
I totally messed this picture up, but I had to share since they look so cute together. They waited patiently to go down stairs while Jaron and I got out of bed.
I think he was excited!

Rowan played with the train table for 3 hours. I mean 3 hours straight.
Love the bed head.
Only in Hawaii can a kid get a bathing suit for Christmas and wear it the same day at the beach.

Elijah got a remote control helicopter last year for Christmas and it broke pretty quickly. He had been asking for one since then he was so excited to have another one. :)

Noel got a pair of cool sunglasses. :)

Noel's Ornament from Great Aunt Michelle
Ava helping make the cinnamon rolls.
Rowan being naughty while I am baking....
"Are you looking at me"
"I guess not"
"Ive been caught"
"See"
"I'm so cute I can get away with anything"
The finished product...YUM
I think they approve.
I think Elijah ate it one big gulp.
Ava was a little more relaxed about the process.
And well for once Rowan was more interested in something other then eating. Its a miracle considering he seriousl walks around all day saying, "I'm hungee".

I hope you enjoyed seeing all the pictures. I hope to get on here and write more about the kids. They are just growing up way to quickly!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy reading the stories about the kids. Amd you pictures pit a smile on my face. Keep the blog going! I really enjoy it!

Jen Morris said...

The last comment was from me. Sorry I accidentally clicked annomyous!

Jennifer M said...

How adorable! I love the stories and pictures. Miss you guys!!! :-)

The Nix Gang said...

Miss you all too!