Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Little Things

Until today things have been going pretty smoothly for me this past week or two. Its funny I have been meaning to write this post for a couple of days because I really LOVE to remember the little things and focus on how special our kids are in our life.

Elijah is now in the first grade and first grade means homework. HOMEWORK. HOMEWORK. 45-60 minutes of homework every day. It consists of 3 work sheets (math, language arts, and spelling), sight words, and a book). Lets just say homework is going to be the death of me with Elijah. Lots of whining, frustration and more whining. HAAAA

Okay with that said, let me share a few fun things about the kids. I guess Ill go from oldest to youngest. LOL

ELIJAH

Quotes
  • "Rowan needs to go to baby school, baby wrestling school!"
  • Me: Elijah how was your first day of school. Were you a good boy. Elijah: Well kinda. I had a few moments. (In reality he has been fine at school, so I kinda wonder what he thinks he's done bad.
  • Elijah is at the age where he is super sweet and seems to try and be more observant of others needs sometimes. The other day he asked me if I was lonely and I responsed saying sometimes that I am lonely since Dad is gone. He immediately started thinking of way to make me happy and less lonely. The first couple solutions I had to kindly refuse such as taking a shower with me so the compromise was toy from their bathroom and he insist I need "kid shampoo" because it won't burn my eyes and the second solution was sleeping with me. I had to explain that I liked sleeping by myself (he climbs in bed a couple times a week already), so his solution was to share his books, favorite puppet dinosaur with me. Its amazing to see him growing up and I sure hope he continues to be this sweet at some level or another.
  • Also, Elijah insisted this past week to have a "Halloween Party". He proceeded to get out all the Halloween decorations, dress up stuff and insisted on Halloween music. So listened to halloween music and danced around the house.

AVA

  • As Ava sits in the backseat of the car I hear her say "Mom listen to this", she then gurgles some water and tells me she "sounds like mermaid". haha
  • Ava also just recently learned to swim and wants to make sure she practices so Jaron can see her when she comes home. The other day she says, "Hey Mom do you think Daddy is going to be surprised when he see me swimming" and of course I tell her yes. She responds saying "When daddy sees me jump in the water and swim he's going to say, "SAY WHAT! Ava's swimming"....LOL
  • She is also very motherly to Rowan and tells him about all the dangers of the world. She loves to help bath him and is actually pretty good about it. It thinks funny to hear tell him when she is rinsing out his hair, "I told you to close your eyes so there is no need to cry". LOL
  • She is very much about reminding how big my belly is getting too. :(
Rowan

  • He is repeating words daily and picking up needs words. Last week he said Shampoo and it was cute. I haven' t been able to get him to say it again. But I did hear him say "I want Mama" tonight after Elijah was mean to him.
  • He now loves to hang from stuff, so his new thing is hanging from the bar area of the counter. (Joy)
  • He loves to walk and is getting better at listening and staying close by. He even will hold the stroller.
I think my all time favorite moment of the week was when Elijah and Ava were laying on the couch with me and the baby began to move. So they both were feeling her move around which never ceases to amaze them. They both asked what am I touching and when I told them her butt they couldn't stop laughing for 5 minutes. It was super funny.

I really had so much to share about each kid, but I am so tired I can't remember it now. If I remember anything else I will for sure have to share it here.


No comments: