Sunday, March 20, 2011

3 weeks down...

Yup, you read right we are three weeks down and forever to go. I guess if we counted it by my pregnacy since it is likely he will be back right around the time I am do, we have 26 weeks left to go. I really don't think that sounds any better then 6 1/2 months. What have we been up to these past three weeks? We had Nana Nix visit for 12 days of the last 3 weeks and that was fun having her around to be with the kids and do the Nana thing. We celebrated Ava's birthday and even had a real party. {gasp!!!} I had my first real doctors appointment and got to see our wonderful little baby! That in itself was a great relief to know things are progressing like they should be and the baby is healthy those far. Elijah has been on spring break this past week, so that has been a glimpse into my summer. Thank goodness summer breaks are short here. I see Elijah summer being filled with day camps and swim lessons. :) I got Ava reregistard for gymnastics and Elijah too. My new van (meaning 2007 Honda Odessay) has now been parked in my garage because I can't seem to get the registration so I complete my paperwork to get my stupid stickers to be able to drive on base. Last and not lease the silly gutter or something of another that continues to make a terrible buzzing noise when the wind blows just right which seems to be at night when I am sleeping. In which maintiance has been here 3 times and can't seem to figure it out. UGGGGGGG!!!

Okay, so I am guessing you thinking I am one stressed out women. I would agree with you on that one. Really things are going pretty well and I shouldn't complain, but darn those pregnancy hormones for making me kinda crazy. The lack of communication with Jaron isn't helping either.

The upside is the kids are doing really well in dealing with Daddy's absense. I am very happy for that blessing, because it would much harder for me if they weren't. Every night I pretend to be the Daddy {using the Daddy voice} and telling the kids how much I love them (meaning Daddy) and miss them. They seem to thrive off of it and makes them feel connected to Daddy. I ordered the kids all Daddy dolls and we are waiting for them to come in the mail. {if you don't know what one is go over to www.hugahero.com} Anyways, Ava told me the other day that Daddy was going to be away so long that he was going to turn into a Daddy doll. LOL Sad, but true I guess since we are kinda replacing him with one for the mean time.

The upside are the kids are just growing and getting smarter everyday. Elijah is just amazing and curious about everything. He is now running faster then ever and climbing everything he can climb. Is sure wish they hadn't torn down all the trees, so he could have a place to climb. I guess street signs with do. LOL Ava is just funny and really getting more logical about what she says. She is attending preschool a few times a week and loves. She is really starting to know all of her letters and numbers. Rowan is well lets say wonderful and terrible all at the same time. He is now running like a crazy man, love to be read and will sit through 3-4 books at a time, and really starting to talk finally. The flip side to Rowan is has become temper tamtrum throwing, back biting beast, and head bumping monester. Rowan wants to be apart of everything, but of course he destroys everything, so when the kids dont' want to play with him he gives them a nice big hug with a bite to seal the deal. It really is pretty terrible, but I am hoping he grow out of this soon. He just turned 17 months old today and he's already being put into time out. :(

As for me I am feeling great physically, but just drained emoitionally. I think I am do for a day out without the kids to just be by myself and enjoy a little time for myself.

I hope your week is off to good week!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we have matching cars now!!! ha! Good update and
I hope your gutter gets fixed soon- sleep is so important for Mom's who are doing everything. Praying for time to fly by for you. HUGS.