Elijah is looking for yet another movie.
So we made it home safe and sound. The kids were great on the ride and we are so thankful for safe travel over 1400 miles. Elijah watched movies and Ava watched Elijah.
We returned home Wednesday night and soon after Ava began crying and cried off and on all night until about 7am. She had a temperature and slept most of the day. About mid day she threw up and then in early evening she began throwing up and wasn't stopping. She was very lethargic at that point and well we couldn't get a good temperature read. So out that door I attempted....it took three changes of clothes and a towel to get out the door without throw up all over us. I got to the ER where her temperature was 103.4F. They ran blood work, in and out catheter, xrays, IV fluids, and later antibiotics. The doctor said that she was slightly dehydrated and that she had a upper respiratory infection. It was amazing after less then an hour on IV and tylanol (suppository) she was talking and wanting to play.
We are just so thankful that she is feeling better.
3 comments:
Poor Ava...I know how you feel. it is so scary! I am glad she is feeling better!
1. she looks so scared
2. she probably is scared!
3. or she could just be COLD (look, they took the child's clothes away)
Lady Ava just needs some TLC!
Believe me,kids jump back to their normal selves probably faster than both you and me - together!
I am glad that she's stopped up-chucking; but sometimes dr.s are too intelligent to speak in layman's terms. If Lady Ava was throwing up; duh, I'd be dehydrated as well. This was done at Navy? Gosh I hope so;because all of that stuff is truly overpriced!
Post a Comment