

Let's do a warm welcome to 1stLt Nix Marine Aviator. Yes, Jaron has received his wings and we are so happy about it. The series of events went as follows. There was a soft patch ceremony where he received his patch with wings for his flight suit. Then his first instruction he had for his helicopter flights told a story and placed the patch on his flight suit. The story the instructor told was as follows. "Lt Nix and I were flying into Spencer Field. Well we aren't allowed to fly over the high school, so I was like watch out for my ol' stomping grounds and then Lt Nix said that's my school too. (Note Jaron went to high school here and here is where the story became totally made up.) Then Lt Nix went into deep thought and said 'Your THE Mike Higgins. When I went to school there I wanted to follow in your foot steps, but I couldn't get into UF, so I went to West Florida, I couldn't get into the Navy, so I went Marine Corp, and well I did get helicopters just like you after all'." After that silly story the instructor had nice things to say about Jaron and his flight partner.
The next day was the official ceremony where Jaron got his real wings. I was the one to pin them on and what a honor. He worked so hard these past 18 months and did such a great job. He was an awesome father, great husband, and good Marine. Thanks Mom and Dad Nix we were so happy to have you two here. Thanks for the prayer Dad Nix, it was beautiful. Thanks Dad for coming, it truly meant a lot. Oh, Thanks to Bryan and Stef for making it out. We are going to miss you guys. Jaron and I later that night went to an after party for the winger and it was nice just to cut loose and know that he has a secure position as a pilot.
The next day we celebrated Ava's 1st B-day with the grandparents!!! That was so much fun. Elijah showed Ava how to eat the cake. She got lots of clothes and a baby doll. She was cute with the baby. She hugged, kissed and fed it. WAY TO CUTE!!!!!
As for a move, its in less then 4 days and I AM STRESSING TO SAY THE LEAST. I have a lot to accomplish in the next few days. We will head to J-ville for a couple days and then up to NC our new home for about 6-8 months, then HAWAII HERE WE COME!!!!!
Well we love and miss you all.
1 comment:
This is all so exciting! Congratulations to Jaron for receiving his wings. Congrats to you for being a good mom and wife through it all!! I sure miss your little family. Good luck with the move. And Happy Birthday to Eva. I remember when she was born :)
Post a Comment